*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781697-Closer-to-the-End
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#781697 added April 30, 2013 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
Closer to the End
Beginning May 1 at 12am PDT, my mom's original paintings dedicated to Mystery Science Theater 3000 go up for auction. All 32 of them.

I packed them prior to the auction, because that way I can send them once the auction ends. Honestly, when I see my mom again, she and I are going to have words. Why didn't she make all the paintings the same size! You wouldn't believe how many different sized boxes I had to buy, and well over a third of them I had to cut to size.

If I never touch another piece of cardboard for the rest of my life, I'll die happy.

That said, the process of packing them up was rough. Part of me felt like I was packing her away to send off to strangers. Her life and passion was pored into her artwork. Every time Tom and I went to her house to pack more paintings, he would beg me to let him keep them. I had to keep explaining to him that we couldn't. It was her wish -- demand -- that we couldn't keep them. I did keep a few prints and have the electronic copies, so I can print them out if he wants, but he knows it's not the same. He misses her.

I finished packing the last on Sunday, and this morning I finally felt as if I could grieve for her a little. Not as much as I'd like -- or need, but I simply won't let myself mourn for her until I've done everything I need to do as far as her stuff.

Even if you don't know anything about Mystery Science Theater 3000 or intend to bid, you should check out my mom's paintings. They are simply amazing:

http://stores.ebay.com/jeanjacksonartwork

(Note: They won't show up until after 12am PDT)

© Copyright 2013 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781697-Closer-to-the-End