*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782806-A-Sex-Based-Bio-Organism
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#782806 added May 16, 2013 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
A Sex Based Bio-Organism
A Sex Based Bio Organism

Assuming our origins came from a small dimension all but invisible but to the most sophisticated of microscopy and that our creators used a life model similar to the one we use, a very interesting development took place.

The mechanical life forms we make do not have a capability to evolve or replicate themselves.

Why was such a capability necessary? Assume we decide it would be cool to have our Martian Rover able to produce other Martin rovers so we don’t have to ship replacement models all the way to Mars. What we would do is design robots that could mine raw materials, build a manufacturing facility and produce some clones based on drawings made on Earth.

However, think how much more subtle and elegant the process would be if the Robots were designed to replicate and evolve?

Of the two steps the replication part would be the most achievable. Such a machine would be designed to reproduce components that would then be assembled into a cloned machine. This would be an amazing accomplishment but it would be an optimal design only for the conditions that existed at a single point in space and time.

Having an evolutionary component would require having sexes which could record a diversity of changes in conditions and a mechanism that could run two copies of code concurrently and choose from each data stream, code that was uncorrupted and offered a product improved enhancement.

For example suppose a “Catastrophic Death Message,” got sent at system termination or maybe the female rover almost got sucked into some quicksand and only by the narrowest of margins got the tracks spinning in reverse and returned to tell the tale. From the last transmission or a “Flight Recorder” or a mission debrief, this event would be saved in a “Near Death” history file and when the reproduction program was run during replication the coding would be changed on the margin… say to expand the width of the track by one centimeter.

Whoever designed life had some pretty innovative ideas for their life forms. I think one of the most misunderstood aspects of our current understanding is a failure to grasp that creation and evolution are light years apart. The mechanisms of evolution are easy enough to grasp while Creation seems beyond the scope of all understanding. They are definitely not the same thing.





© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782806-A-Sex-Based-Bio-Organism