*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783678-Results
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#783678 added May 28, 2013 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
Results...
I have been avoiding my blog so as not to hex the results of my biopsies (isn't that silly?). It will be two weeks tomorrow since they were done, and I thought surely it will be good news. Not! Andrea called this morning. They are the same as before and must be excised. I am set up for 6/20 and 7/2 . . . ugh! The good news is that they are both on my back where I won't have to look at them *Smile*. This is getting to be a habit, a bad one. I guess I should be thankful they are not melanomas...yet...only potential ones. Hopefully, I will reach that degree of calmness soon.

My new transcription for the Sam Proctor Oral History Program is a Vietnam Vet. She (yes, she) is a surgical nurse, and I am learning a lot about what went on in that aspect of the war. One thing I was astonished at since I was perfectly present during the time period was that it lasted twenty-one years, the longest war in our history. She suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder, and I can certainly understand why. I knew war was bad and now I specifically know why. I am so glad I volunteered for this and hope that getting the stories out there may in some way help keep Congress's finger off the trigger. My God...what has to happen to do that? We do not need to react to violence with violence. How can we train our young people to kill in six weeks, send them to war with our blessing, and think they will come back with the same outlook on life that we have? If they come back at all. I know it is all done in the name of peace, but there has to be another way. How many dead soldiers did we honor yesterday? Cemeteries and cemeteries of them. My Jim was discharged from the Air Force in 1965 just before the Vietnam War started. I am so thankful for the forty-nine years we had together.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783678-Results