*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784407-Hurry-and-get-that-doughnut
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#784407 added June 7, 2013 at 6:53pm
Restrictions: None
Hurry and get that doughnut!
I continue to work on my transcription for the oral history program. This file is a little over an hour long, and each ten minutes of it is taking me about one hour and forty-five minutes to transcribe. You may say...wow, are you slow...and I probably am slower than the average bear, but in defense, I do have to back up and listen over many times. The gentleman is eighty-nine years old and speaks with a little bit of a slur. Perhaps, he's had some tiny strokes. In addition, he speaks of places in France and England, and you know me, I have to Google to make sure I have the correct spelling. Then I have to see exactly where the places are *Smile*.

Today, I learned he was flying a mission when our troops were landing for D-Day, specifically a mission over Utah Beach. He saw the men as they stepped onto French soil. It makes the hair stand up on my arms and gives me chills to listen! I am so glad he made it home and has made this tape to give people new insight into the many aspects of war.

Here's one for all you doughnut lovers out there, today is National Doughnut Day. Yep, and it came into being in 1938 when the Salvation Army wanted to raise funds to honor the female volunteers who supported the troops on the front lines during WWI by serving them hot meals and...yep, doughnuts. Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts are supposed to be giving out free ones today. Sorry I'm so late getting this out, but there's still time *Smile*. Enjoy.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784407-Hurry-and-get-that-doughnut