*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786213-This-ones-about-pulling-out
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#786213 added July 5, 2013 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about pulling out.
Good afternoon folks...hope you still have all your fingers and toes left from yesterday's Independence Day festivities. I was lucky...I only heard a few fireworks go off. I was actually caught in a tremendous rain storm. I went to a nearby park to read and take in some of the sun...then a few drops of rain came down on my book, and by the time I looked up it was raining uncontrollably hard and fierce. I barely made it hobbling over to a tree, and that hardly offered much shelter from the deluge. I waited close to a half hour for it to stop raining enough to make it two blocks home. That must've been enough to cancel the local fireworks display. I don't really mind, because honestly, if you've seen on fireworks show you've seen them all. They're just more inconvenient noise to me, that's all. And don't get all Betsy Ross on me, saying I'm anti-patriotic 'cuz I don't give a damn about fireworks on the fourth of July.."rocket's red glare" in our national anthem didn't come from a roadside stand somewhere between Pennsylvania and the deep south with a "Made In China" sticker.

Anyway. it's with great regret that I'm bowing out of July's official "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS round. I'll still be popping in with entries every now and then, but looking ahead this month, it seems like I'll be kinda busy in spurts and have less internet time as well. Plus there was some bad news this past week, not involving me but a lot of friends of friends, and my heart is a little heavier than usual...my thoughts go out to those affected by the loss of a dad, brother, friend, and son who meant a lot to those whose lives he touched the most, and may your soul rest in peace. It's not really my place to say any more about it at the present (or any) time.

Having already missed a couple days of entries, and knowing I'll be missing a few more here and there, it's only right that if I can't fulfill the nature of the competition itself I should not be in it, to give those who are still writing day in and day out a fair chance and not waste anyone's time. I wish the best to everyone still participating...it looks like a great group, and I'm happy I was able to contribute even a little bit. Peace, fare thee well, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786213-This-ones-about-pulling-out