*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786611-Good-and-bad-mostly-good
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#786611 added July 12, 2013 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Good and bad, mostly good.
I went to my Memoir Group meeting yesterday, and we all decided to try out the Friends Meeting House for our next get-together. The acoustics are touted to be superior to the library's. I guess as we age hearing is one of the first things to go (or vision). Several of our members have hearing problems and were delighted to hear the report on this new place. I think "friends" is the key word here. They were reported to be very friendly and welcoming and it's free and close so why not try it out? The meeting room comes with three hearing aid headphones, and we think that will be just right. I am looking forward to the new surroundings.

The meeting yesterday was great, they just keep getting better and better. Everyone had interesting stories. One lady wrote about her recipe collections and ..... brought samples! Yum! I am so glad I joined this group. It was pouring rain, I mean manic wiper weather, when I left, but nothing could deter me from going and all turned out okay with shining sun at the finish *Smile*.

Not much else has happened this week, just my normal grass mowing and yard work in between the raindrops. Yesterday we had three (3) rainstorms in one day! One plus is the growing bird and butterfly population in my yard. The biggest negative is the arrival of the giant mosquitoes! I do not dare to venture outside after dinner now unless I want to dress like a mummy (all covered up, that is). I used to complain about the county not spraying enough, but now as I have gotten wiser (I hope), I'd rather stay inside in the morning and evening or dress for the occasion. No spray, please.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786611-Good-and-bad-mostly-good