*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787407-A-birds-eye-view-literally
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#787407 added July 24, 2013 at 2:30pm
Restrictions: None
A bird's eye view, literally.
The hummingbirds continue to come. Yes, plural, I can tell the difference between them. Some are ruby-throated, some just have shiny green backs. Their little feet are always tucked up underneath them, and I read they are only for standing on branches, not for walking. They lap the nectar rather than sucking it up as I thought. Their long beaks remind me of upholstery needles. They do make little squeaky noises as they are fluttering and their gossamer wings make a droning sound similar to bumblebees. They come to eat even through hard rainstorms!

My electricity went off around three o'clock this morning. I guess the noise of the computer shutting off woke me plus the silence of the overhead fan and the darkness without the bathroom night light. As I turned my head to look at the bedside clock, all was dark. I keep a book light beside it, so I grabbed it to go investigate. I could hear what sounded like GRU trucks in the distance, but couldn't be sure. My kitchen wall phone is the only one that works when the power is off so that is where I headed to dial up the outage number. That works better than the cellphone because it automatically gives the home address. But they already knew and the automated message said crews were working. About two hours later, the power came back on, and, eerily, the television came on. I never had that happen before. So I reset all the time machines, explained the situation to Mopsy, and went back to bed *Smile*.

It was raining, again, when I finally got up for real, but now the sun is shining. Our rainfall is breaking records. I just now had a chance to clean up the fallen squirrel's nest. I thought I might find a dead baby in it, but there was not, thankfully. That would have freaked me out.

I borrowed (ebook) The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg from the library a couple of days ago and finished it last night. I enjoyed it but the ending seemed rushed somehow. I may be expecting too many answers from books *Smile*, or maybe I just need better explanations. Anyway, whatever I read, I always get something out of it and that is what counts.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787407-A-birds-eye-view-literally