*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787825-July-30-2013
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#787825 added July 30, 2013 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
July 30, 2013
Yea!!! I finally found out how to change the old blog for the new one. I just didn't ask the right people. So many were helpful to see that I went to the right places to find the solution. The way it was written was easy to follow and I got it done!

I am happy to once again be in the land of the Bloggers. I don't know if I'm a real blogger yet, but I am trying.

My son has had some issues since he was little. When he was tested for school we knew there was a little glitch in how he learned. He struggled through school. 'He was different but not less' as Temple Grandin would say. I didn't know about autism nor did anyone in his school. By the time I heard of Aspergers he was in his mid twenties and not working and not doing anything. We have finally got him working and producing in a proper manner. He's a good kid, just different.
The other night we watched the movie about Temple Grandin. He saw things that he himself did. How he processes information, how he figures things out.  Different but not less. He isn't stupid, but he does things differently. Its all black or white not grey. Right or wrong no inbetween.  Concepts? Can't get them.
It is a struggle at time to find the trigger or switch that reaches him. He has become content in his routine and doesn't see the need to change. I hope the movie triggers something inside that with a little effort he can be more than what he is now.

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787825-July-30-2013