*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788189-Hotlanta
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#788189 added August 4, 2013 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
Hotlanta!
         This week finds me in Atlanta delivering a class for MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority).  Even though I've taught this class since 2006, I found it very difficult to deliver this one.  My students had little to no background in Networking, and had a hard time grasping the concepts of TCP/IP, or the operation of the devices (switches& routers).  Okay, now that I've made you all glassy eyed (bored) with that statement, I'll say it was a good class though, and we did get a few things done.  My previous entry here was about Springfield Virginia and the weekend before coming to Atlanta.  My drive back home was good, but very tiring.  I was in the Northern area of Atlanta, spending my evening time in a hotel near the North Perimeter.  Boy, doesn't that sound like I was in a military area of some kind, north perimeter?  *Smile*  So I didn't get to downtown Atlanta proper, but I've been there before, and have come to detest the congestion of driving in a large city, not to mention having to pay for parking (If you can find a place to park that is).  Add to that the crowds, the heat, and other inane things; a small suburb that is not as congested fits me better.  I honestly don't see how someone can live in a large city under those conditions.  Dang, I must be getting old! (er).  *Smile*  So now, home for a week before flying down to Decatur Alabama on Sunday.  Stay cool in the heat and enjoy your summer!  Til then....


Review Sig for use

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788189-Hotlanta