*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789301-Power-Plagiarism
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#789301 added August 20, 2013 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Power Plagiarism
There's a new photocopier here in the Library.

The old one is still here but someone has towed it across to the side of the shelving where it sulks next to another powerpoint, its paper drawers empty and delivery tray held out like an oliver twist appeal "please sir, can I have some more?".

The power cord is looped around, it's 3 pin 10amp connection (Australia has different pins to the USA) to life already threaded with cobwebs.
The Samsung, or Hitachi or whatever the huge commercial copiers are branded, will never "tone" another sheet of A4 or 11" x 17" paper.

This diverted my concentration away from WDC activities for a minute to much more important "off the planet dreaming" that makes up every (insane) writers stimulated existence.

What if we were deceiving ourselves? What if we, even if only in our subconscious minds, accidently, INNOCENTLY, read material, saw it in movies, read books, newspapers, comics, listened to other's speeches, and any other information source, even NATURE herself...what if we just absorbed bits and pieces and sort of "photocopied" it into our heads.

Then, instead of CREATING anything, be it stories, poems, articles, dare I say BLOGS!, what if in reality all we did is plagiarise other peoples stuff?
Isn't our mind made up of the swirling bilge and flotsam of the worlds stimulants? The sensory noise that's fed into our eyes, ears, skin, nose and whatever other glands and receptors that science either ignores or hasn't figured out yet.

Are we plagiarising stuff that isn't ours? Are we all theives? Scoundrels. Full of excuses and plaintive denials, wimpering out our mediocrity and guiltiness in that inner private darkness of our cerebral container?

I can see the headlines at some point in the future, screaming out the new age crime wave that we committed from the times of caveman communication, on through the industrial revolution, the late 20th century, the post 2k date changeover crash that was going to strand office workers in lifts (elevators) and bring airliners plunging from the skies, the "early two thousands, the early naughty noughties" and further into the pre apocolyptic zombie era of dark modernism and strange hairstyle creationism.

It will be more serious than King Kong's attacks on highrise.
The new crime will be "Stealing from natures copyright".

BIG BANG TAKES BACK ROYALTIES SINCE YEAR DOT!!

MOTHER EARTH SUES EVERY AUTHOR SINCE ADAM AND EVE

TERESTRIAL CLASS ACTION AGAINST MOLECULAR PLAGIARISM.

I.T ROBBERY FALLOUT

ALIENS SUE MANKIND FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!

Of course there is such a thing as automatic copyright.

But what if we ourselves are copyrighted by the Author of everything?

Well, it's food for thought.

Come to think of it, most stuff I think up and write could NEVER come from a sovereign diety or ultimate being.

and yet..."there is nothing new under the sun...all is vanity and vanity of vanities" is says in Ecclesiastes.

Sometimes I think what we all need is a thought blackout, a rest from thinking, a time when our brain and bodies can reset, can defragment, rearrange into common sense. Those hours when we are relieved of duty and our crazy notions brought to zero.

That thing called sleep.

Before you go to sleep from this boring ridiculous blog, here's a link to the various electrical plugs for different parts of the globe. Just a bit of trivia, but you never know, you might win that dream holiday and need this information tomorrow!

http://www.ausbt.com.au/what-power-point-plug-do-i-need-around-the-world


Sparky *Smile*

Image for PDG Rockin reviewers sig
 
STATIC
When the curtain falls  (E)
Two screaming blurry worlds collide. Which one of them is the dream, or nightmare?
#1937284 by Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Paper Doll Gang Rockin Reviewers Group

© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789301-Power-Plagiarism