*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789951-Golf-at-Augusta-National
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#789951 added August 28, 2013 at 9:01pm
Restrictions: None
Golf at Augusta National?
         This weeks finds me Augusta Georgia.  I thought while I was here, I would challenge Tiger and Phil to a little game of chasing the elusive white ball around a grassy course.  Sadly, they were to afraid to show up and play me.  Or maybe it was the fact that I can't even get on the grounds of Augusta National.  *Smile*  Since I've only been golfing once in my life, and that was at a small course in Ewa Beach, Hawaii, I doubt I'd do very well here.  Not to mention that it's been 37 years since I did that!

         I'm with the US Army this week, teaching the students radio programming.  No, it's not as simple as adjusting a dial on the front either, there are actually over 3,500 different fields you can configure to get the radio to work on their system.  So I get to cover each field and describe what it does, as well as teach them the best method to do this, allowing them to do things more efficiently.  Teaching the class isn't hard, nor is learning this really.  What's hard, is them finding the time to apply what is taught, and use it when they program the radios.  They are pretty busy, like most of us are, so it all depends on how much time they can devote to mastering their skill.  *Smile*

         It's been a nice week, Augusta is a small town really, I can't imagine being here during Masters Week.  I bet the room rates are 2-3 times what they are right now.  Speaking of rooms.....  When I checked in to the Homewood Suites, I was given a SMOKING room!  Despite being a life long non-smoker, somehow I was assigned a smoking room.  I inquired about other Hilton properties in the area, such as a Hampton Inn, or a Doubletree Inn.  The man at the desk said that someone had been murdered in the Hampton Inn just two weeks ago, and that it wasn't in the best of neighborhood.  Not having seen the area much, I took him at his word, and spent one night in it, then spent about 2 hours on the phone with American Express and Hilton Honors, and finally got Hilton to let me move next door to the Hilton Garden, which is a 100% smoke free hotel.  Funny that the desk clerk at Homewood Suites didn't mention the Hilton Garden Inn was so close.  Even funnier is the fact that the Hampton Inn is just three blocks away.  If it's in a bad area, how good is this area here?  Things to think about.  Either way, I'm much happier in this room of course.

         Till next time, from Denver Colorado, y'all be good, and stay cool in the summer's heat.

Jim

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789951-Golf-at-Augusta-National