*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791597-Wildcard-Monday-Waking-Up-In-A-Nightmare
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#791597 added September 16, 2013 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Monday: Waking Up In A Nightmare
The September 16, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
If Writing.com went offline (forever) tomorrow, how would you cope? What would you miss most?

Waking up without writing.com is like waking up in a nightmare. Of all the ifs or what ifs that could happen this is the most terrifying. This is the worst case scenario I fear will happen, but don't really believe is going to occur, at least not in my lifetime. This is the blog prompt that sends chills up my spine. This is the dream that wakes me screaming in the middle of the night.

How would I cope? I would start an online group called Mourning Writing.com. It would be open to every member, former member, and potential member. I have found, for myself anyway, that the best way to deal with the death of a loved one is to discuss it with others who are going through a similar experience. If writing.com were to go offline tomorrow, it would feel as if I had lost someone or something dearly love.

Mourning Writing.com would help its members cope with the five stages of grief: (1) "Denial and Isolation", (2) "Anger", (3) "Bargaining", (4) "Depression", and (5) "Acceptance".1 Each individual's lose is a personal experience, but having someone or some place to go to discuss or write about the loss gives the individual support during the grieving process.

"Deep, dark depression, excessive misery"2
I no longer have a place to write,
I break into a cold sweat and get dizzy,
When I wake up in the middle of the night,
Terrified that I might not find a place to write.

Eventually, my nightmare would end. Eventually, I would move on and find somewhere to post my writing and receive reviews, but it would be difficult. It would be like learning to trust love again after a romance suddenly and without warning ended. Eventually, grieving and mourning are transformed into a new reality and becomes a sweet memory in a new life.

Thought of the Day: “Someday you're gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You'll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing...” - Elizabeth Gilbert

Footnotes
1  http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/000617
2  http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/g/gloomdespairandagonyonme.shtml


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791597-Wildcard-Monday-Waking-Up-In-A-Nightmare