*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791875-Classwork
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#791875 added September 19, 2013 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
Classwork
I rewrote my micro fiction story and it has "passed inspection". Whew. Here it is:

Comfort

In summer’s heat the sharp blade of death leaves me a widow.

Comfort food gives me none, and I lose my taste for meat. My recipe box burgeons with barbecued ribs, chicken-fried steak, and spaghetti with meatballs. As I thumb through the cards, the pictures nauseate me.

Invited to Thanksgiving dinner, I load my plate with vegetables, and my sister-in-law frowns.

“Don’t you like the turkey? Is something wrong with the ham? Have some gravy on those potatoes.”

I feel guilty and mumble some explanation.

At home, I cuddle my rabbit and look into her eyes. I imagine she smiles at me.


I dreamed about this story all night and was up early this morning rewriting before I forgot what I wanted to say. From other things I have read on the site, it seems a lot of people get inspiration when they are in that half awake-half asleep state...weird, huh?

Now on to the rest of our assignment, a critique of a story titled The Strangers by Lydia Davis, and we are to write a prose poem, something I have never done *Rolleyes*.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791875-Classwork