*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793056-Chapter-14-Andrew---Beat-Down
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#793056 added October 2, 2013 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 14: Andrew - Beat Down
Andrew swung his shotgun around wildly. He’d run out of ammo, and was lucky enough to have
Brandon, Johanna, Justin, Delvyn, Caroline, and Kyle all covering him. Andrew was fighting for his life, trying to help cut a hole through the seemingly never ending horde, bashing his shotgun against every dead head that got in his way.

“Kyle, what do you see!” Andrew shouted into his radio, it nearly slipping out of his blood soaked hands.

“There’s no easy way out man. You’ve just gotta keep trying to push out to Peninsula Ventura, it’s your only hope. Get there, jump in the water.” Kyle said.

Andrew motioned for his people to follow him. They had to pass by two more cabins before they got to the Peninsula. Andrew smashed the butt of his gun into the face of a walker in front of him, while Brandon and Delvyn took out five more in front of him together. Caroline watched the sides while Johanna watched the back. The were making slow progress, but as long as none of them died Andrew wasn’t complaining. Andrew whipped his shotgun at the head of another zombie, knocking it to the ground. Andrew then stamped on it, insuring it was dead. He stepped back for a second, taking a moment to catch his breath, when he heard it.

It was soft at first, faint. But as Andrew concentrated on it more and more, he could make it out better and better. It was a girl, shouting for help. She was inside the cabin right next to Andrew. Weren’t they supposed to have been evacuated? It didn’t matter.

“Brandon, you lead, get to Peninsula Ventura.” Andrew demanded. He sprinted up the stairs of the cabin, past a weathered old sign that said “Woodcraft”. Andrew didn’t wait to hear Brandon’s reaction, though he was pretty sure he asked where the hell Andrew was going.

The inside of the cabin was dark and cramped. Like all the cabins at camp, it had to be re-purposed to house people. But since Woodcraft had so many tools, materials, and even some advanced machinery for older kids, there really wasn’t a whole lot of space inside the cabin. Andrew scanned the room quickly. There were two undead simply milling about the room, and three crouched down next to a piece of machinery up against a wall, trying to reach behind it at something. The screams were coming from there.

With little time to spare, Andrew rushed forward and smacked one of the walkers to the ground with the butt of his gun. He then smashed the butt against it’s head, insuring it was dead. Andrew then swung the shotgun around his head and hit the next walker with it, knocking it to the ground as well. The walker was struggling on the ground while Andrew quickly searched the shelves for another weapon. Finding a screwdriver, Andrew spun around and jabbed it right into the zombies head, killing it.

Looking over in the corner of the room,the walkers were still fully interested in whoever was in between the wall and the machine. Andrew silently crept over, and swiftly pulled each walkers head back, jabbing the screwdriver deep into each ones head. With them all dead, Andrew took a brief second to step back and take a deep breath.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793056-Chapter-14-Andrew---Beat-Down