*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793375-Writing-Exercise-I-feel-like-the-wheels-on-the-bus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#793375 added October 5, 2013 at 8:56pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Exercise: I feel like the wheels on the bus
I feel like "the wheels on the bus" my thoughts keep going round and round, round and round all day long. Rehashing the same subject.I am staring at the screen trying to get into the writing mood, but my mind is blank. I have a story to write and my mind is blank. I have a poem to write and my mind is blank. I started this entry, this writing exercise earlier today and my thoughts kept interrupting my thoughts. That does not make sense, I am attempting to get my muse in the mood to write and I am not making sense.

I did not make my word count goal on Thursday or Friday. I am not sure what happened of Thursday except that my thoughts kept going round and round like the wheels on the bust. You remember that children's song called "The Wheels on the bus". The one that has people crying or is it babies crying. Anyway the bus driver honks and babies chatting or maybe people chatting and babies crying. Anyway like the wheels on the bus my thoughts go round and round except that they do not stop at a specific place on the route.

I have a story to write and my thoughts will not focus on the protagonist and I have a story to write about her. I have a poem to write about something spooky, but my thought will not focus on spooky. I did not get any writing accomplished this morning. I washed the dishes and my thought kept going round and round on another subject, on a story, but not the story I need to write. I did washed and dried a load of laundry, I put more clothes in the washer for tomorrow's load or maybe I will wash them later to night. I have writing to do and my thoughts will not focus on the subject I want to write about. My thought focus on something else on a story, but not the story I want to write. I have to write one story and my thoughts focus on another.

My thought keep going round and round over the same ground, while I wait for a flat or the bus of my thoughts to stop so that my muse can get off. Yesterday, I wrote down two lines for a poem or perhaps two poems, but I cannot seem the finish them because my thought always go back to something else. My thought always go back to a story that I do not want to write today.

It is spooky the way memories return
like ghosts.


It is spooky that my thoughts keep going round and round without slowing down. The only way I can stop my thoughts from going round and round like the wheels on the bus is to write. If I stop writing for just a few seconds then my thoughts go back into the same old rut. My thoughts go round and round over the same story perhaps I should just give up and write the story, which may turn into a novel, but I want to... I have to work on Midnight in Suburbia and write a story about the protagonist.

Sometimes the only sound I hear is the ringing in my ears.


Writing this stopped the obsessions of my thought. My thoughts are no longer going round and round like the wheels on buss going round and round. Perhaps I can go to something else and write either a poem or story or another blog entry. I still cannot think what I want to write about my protagonist, but then I cannot seem the remember her name at the moment so I will have to consult my notes.


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793375-Writing-Exercise-I-feel-like-the-wheels-on-the-bus