*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795144-Stand-Up
Rated: E · Book · Career · #1959122
Not that you need to enter my crazy mind, but here you go anyway. Enjoy!
#795144 added October 20, 2013 at 4:35pm
Restrictions: None
Stand Up
A while ago a coworker mentioned something about the movie, Avatar, and it got me thinking. She said that it was basically a rip off of Fern Gully. Girl is daughter of the chief, Boy is coming to destroy everything they love as part of a bigger company, Boy is immersed in Girl's world, tries to save it, Boy and Girl fall in love and fight together to save what they believe in. The end. And, I guess, in a nut shell she would be right. But so what? Isn't that plot line a bit generic anyway? There are so many movies where that's true, so many books, even stories in history, so would Fern Gully be a rip off of Pocahontas? Which, I might add, is a true story.





When I watched Avatar, the basic plot isn't what struck me. What I noticed, what I was moved by, was the innate ability of a people to rise up against a common enemy, to risk their very nature, their homes, their lives for a cause that would seem too great, even hopeless, for one person alone.





I've been struck by revolution lately. Be it in a book, a movie, everyday life, it does't matter. The thought of sitting idly by thinking nothing can be done while things that are wrong keep happening repulses me. You can't change anything by wishing it away. Action must be taken.





There are so many examples of the few overcoming the many. The weak triumphing over the strong because what the weak have that their adversary lacks is heart.





So what about the revolutions in the small things? What about taking control of your every day life instead of just thinking that some day it will get better? Making the necessary changes to accomplish your duties, your goals? Your dreams. Why shouldn't we do what needs to be done? Take risks, walk away from ugly words and hurtful people. From those who think your dreams are too big, not practical. Are unlikely to become a reality. Change your life. Because in the end, the one truth is that life is too short to be anything but happy.

© Copyright 2013 C.N. Greer (UN: chelsea.greer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C.N. Greer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795144-Stand-Up