*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795451-NaNoWriMo
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1827494
Just a spot for random musings. No one ever accused me of being a conscientious blogger.
#795451 added October 23, 2013 at 9:05am
Restrictions: None
NaNoWriMo
So I’ve decided I need to NaNo just for the sake of my sanity.





For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, November is National Novel Writing Month. During that thirty day period of time, writers of all genres and levels of skill and accomplishment all have the same goal: to write 50,000 words. Now before anyone shakes their head and says “impossible”, break that number down. That is only 1667 words a day or about five pages. That’s entirely possible. The trick is to do it every single day. That’s on Veteran Day. Thanksgiving Day. Black Friday. Weekends. Wednesdays. Every single day.





NaNoWriMo is about more than the word count; it’s about setting writing goals and meeting them. About creating good writing habits and writing every day. For me, it’s about all that and about setting aside time for myself every day to simply let my brain wander and release some of the ideas that crowd my skull until I can’t sleep. So, I will be a participant this year in spite of the holidays, two birthdays, one wedding, one anniversary and work. I’ve even decided what I’m going to work on. Want a peek?





“Charley!”





Elena’s scream ripped through Kaiden with the force of a laser canon. Smoke clogged his throat, clawing tears from his burning eyes to fog his vision. He couldn’t see his daughter through the dark of the burning lab, but he could hear her, outside, beyond the flare and whine of gunfire. Laser fire pierced the blackness and the computer behind him exploded as the guardsmen assigned to his protection seared through the armored attackers with devastating efficiency. Kaiden clutched the insulated container closer to his body and edged in the direction of the distant door. Four techs, dead. He would never get the smell of smoldering flesh out of his nose. The burns on the backs of his legs pulled as he moved, sending searing pain up his spine to join the cluster of cuts, bruises, and shards of broken glass embedded across his shoulders. He gritted his teeth and persevered.





He had to get to Elena. He had to get them out of here before the rest of Hell came visiting.





The rest is subject to change without notice.



© Copyright 2013 Raine (UN: crystalraine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795451-NaNoWriMo