*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798708-Wildcard-Monday-The-Terror-of-Forgetfulness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#798708 added November 25, 2013 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Monday: The Terror of Forgetfulness
It's Wildcard Monday! The November 25, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
What is your first reaction when you forget something? Take us through your initial terror and following thoughts. Anecdotes are helpful!

Forgetting something used to scare the shit out of me, but lately I have other things to worry about. There was a time when I thought the problem was an indication of Alzheimer's disease; however, I now realize it is a part of stress. I am dealing with the stress and the forgetfulness (not necessarily in that order). Panic does not help may memory, in fact it just makes the momentary issue of C.R.S.1 worse. The best thing to do is just calm down (it that is possible) and go through the steps of where I last saw the item I forgot.

A To Do List helps, provided I remembered or took the time to print the list out the night before. Prayer, placing the situation in God's hands, and writing helps. A good To Do List has A, B, and C, with the C priorities being those that it doesn't matter if I forget because I can do those either once a week or once a month and after I complete the A and B priorities. Another thing that helps with forgetfulness is the desire to do something that you have to do; just because I have to do something does not always mean I want to do it. I have to find the motivation to do things I do not want to do, but have to do in a given situation.

Lately, I have found that fear, which is a part of stress, interferes with memory. I know that I have calm down, take a deep breath, and confront the elephant in the room. For some reason I cannot seem to focus on what I need to accomplish, but rather I want to focus on the fear and the only thing that does is encourage forgetfulness and stress. I took care of one problems this morning, I called my realtor and he told me the house will close the first part of next week, but not before. This gives me a bit of time and a deadline, which I need because for some reason I cannot seem to function if I do not have a deadline. True, sometimes I wave at it as it passes, but at least it helps me to function when I work within it.

Today, I almost forgot to post my goals on "Weekly Goals and then when I did post them, I had to add one item which I forgot until I went to post the goals. My goals for this week are
         1. Add a minimum of 1,667 words each day to my NaNoWriMo novel "Midnight in Suburbia.
         2. Review a minimum of 3 items on writing.com each day.
         3. Respond to the daily prompts from "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS in "Snow Melt.
         4. Finish newsletter for December.

The goal I almost forgot was finishing the fantasy newsletter for December. I do not know how that could have slipped my mind, but it did. I am now wondering what else I might have forgotten. Oh well, if it is something important I will remember it and it it is not important then it can remain forgotten.

Footnotes
1  Can't Remember Shit


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798708-Wildcard-Monday-The-Terror-of-Forgetfulness