*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800881-BloggingJournaling-on-WDC
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#800881 added December 24, 2013 at 4:28pm
Restrictions: None
Blogging/Journaling on WDC
For the type of blog I write, WDC is like a quiet little estuary far removed from the mainstream of life. There are basically three types of writers I see. The first are those who entertain the hope of bigger and better things… like getting published, and perhaps fame and fortune. The next are those who enjoy being around others who share their love for writing. The final category are those who want a quiet place to scribble, and sometimes explore new aspects of the craft. It is my view that WDC meets the needs of all three. I know, I know…, The problem with categories is that three sizes don’t fit everybody. So I consider my classifications more like flip-flops than dress shoes.

In my case I want someplace quiet to write. If I were twenty years younger I’m sure my ambitions would be different given what I know now. WDC is like the electric shawl my wife (Linda) gave me for Christmas. It’s warm and familiar. It gives me a portfolio, a blog/journal, an array of statistical tools and some feedback from other writers.

My journal/blog gets about a hundred views a day although the variation makes predicting hard to anticipate. I wonder how hard it would be for The Story Master to add Standard Deviation to the array of statistical tools? . Actually I could crunch the numbers myself. Most of my views come from non-members. From the URLs I get a sense for who is dropping by. Some leave a clue when a fragment of their identity is appended to the end, others sort and search for categories of interest. Still others come often and leave only an error message. I don't currently get much interest from other WDC members, so little in fact that the number is less than ten (10), and I can't see the second tier information. Still, the number of nonmember views is slowly increasing and sometimes a “Search Engine” sweeps through and there is a significant spike. If you keep a blog and are not viewing your Summary Statistics, you might want to check it out. Go to "Account and Statistics" on the left hand submenu. This is another interesting tool that WDC provides its members.





© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800881-BloggingJournaling-on-WDC