*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801400-Defining-Evil
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#801400 added December 30, 2013 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
Defining Evil
A Definition of Evil

“The difference between National Socialism and all the previous systems,” said Goebbels, “is that the starting point Is the community and not the individual.”

What is the point of the Universe if nobody knows it exists? This is a question I'm singularly unqualified to answer. It reminds me of the tree falling in the forest and the question of the noise if nobody is there to hear it. I do think before trying to think too deeply about such questions that a person should have at least some sort of thin hypothesis on what life is. Here is mine.

Life is like a light bulb, made up of the elements and sourced with energy. Awareness in a life form is the light coming on. We were created because the possibility of life spontaneously generating in a pool filled with chemical acids defies all reason and that on top of that having the ability to self replicate… occurring at the same instant, makes the whole notion preposterous. Creation and evolution are not mutually exclusive. Our creator built a module into life forms enabling them to adapt to changing conditions. Because of the smallness of the genetic code the laboratory of creation was microscopic rather than telescopic and because of the materials used, was a world with a chemistry focus much different from the one we’re familiar with.

One of many questions our creator faced was making life distributed or collective. There is evidence that both were examined and the distributed form proved superior. What emerged were organisms that had awareness, mobility and a capability to perform collective tasks. These individuals could exercise choice and a strong influence on collective processes. Thus starting with the group instead of the individual is a bad idea for a social model and imposing one on individuals is EVIL.


© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801400-Defining-Evil