*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802023-What-made-me-wish-I-was-somewhere-else-today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#802023 added January 3, 2014 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
What made me wish I was somewhere else today
What made you wish you were anywhere else today? Week Two topic.

Well let me tell you. Today was so bloody cold I was hoping we could flip back to summer or at least leave here until the weather decided to become more seasonal and warm up. Sure it is winter and it is Canada, but I live in southern Ontario for heaven’s sake. Wind chills of -32 Celsius is just crazy. It is even too cold to snow. I guess that can be a blessing.

When I was a child, my father used to take me up to visit my Grandparents in Timmins after Christmas. The temperature there yesterday got to -52 Celsius!! They were saying it was the same temperature at one of the Poles! Now that is really crazy. I am so glad I did not have to make that trip this year.

Right now I am sitting here thinking Mexico would be fabulous. Sunny, warm days. Hot sand, warm Caribbean seas. Snorkeling among the fish. Living the beautiful life. Oh, to just dream. That is itself warms me up...just a bit.

Here's to warm, happy thoughts.


© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802023-What-made-me-wish-I-was-somewhere-else-today