*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802379-What-woke-me-up-this-morning-and-why
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#802379 added January 6, 2014 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
What woke me up this morning and why.
What woke me up this morning and why? Week Three entry for Welcome to My Reality.

I heard my husband get up. I donโ€™t always but this morning, I did. Being that is the first day back to work for me, I was curious if buses would be canceled. That would mean I would have to go to work, but I would have no students as they are all bused in to my special education class. One may show up, as his mother may still bring him so she does not have to have him around her all day. But as it was, only buses to the outer sections of the region were canceled. Buses in town were still running.

One of our buses got stuck and two of my EAs had to drive to them to go bring them to school. Crazy start to our day โ€“ they were over an hour late. Not the best way to start the first day back, but we managed. Four of my six students were able to make it.

At the end of the school day, the one bus driver said he was only able to get up a hill because the plow was behind him and nudged him up. These tiny buses are not fit for this weather. The would need a sumo wrestler in their bus to give them any serious weight.

The bus drivers are great. The one driver, who got stuck in the morning, was going to walk our student in to her sitters place if the road was not cleared yet. We will get the story tomorrow.

Now I wonder if they will close the schools tomorrow as the wind chill is to get to -41 degrees Celsius. I wait to see.

Aside from the curiosity about the school situation, I was also curious about how much snow we would have to shovel. A glance out my window found my husband digging us out. The plow had so kindly pushed in a mountain of snow half the height of my husband and he is 6 foot 1 inch. He took a half hour to dig out. I took another half an hour to dig the rest out. Had he gotten the snow blower out of the back shed before the snow fell this would not have been the case....but that is the way of things around here sometimes. I have learned to go with the flow.

All went well getting to work until I got to the next town, where I work. The roads there were worse and it took me 25 minutes to get through a short section that normally only takes 5 minutes, at most. It was nutty. The ride home was no better. The commute both ways was at least double the usual time.

I am expecting better things tomorrow. It is still snowing and blowing. The temperature is still dropping.

Despite the nap I took after dinner, I am thinking I should head off to bed soon. One never knows what to expect, especially in January and February, so getting a good night sleep is my best battle plan.

โ€˜Night yโ€™all. Sweetest of dreams to you all.




signature for the Paper Doll Gang. ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802379-What-woke-me-up-this-morning-and-why