*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803699-Chapter-63-Andrew---Support
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#803699 added January 18, 2014 at 1:36am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 63: Andrew - Support
“You’re back.” Monica said softly, still stunned.

“Never actually left, mind you.” Andrew awkwardly retorted. The two stood at odds and Andrew looked at the gun in his hand a second time “I’ll hold onto this. Just for now.”

“I need…” She began, but Andrew quickly interrupted her.

“Just for now. I’ll give it back when everything is sorted out.” Here-iterated. Monica slowly turned back to look at the horde attacking the cabins. Andrew watched as his group fired on them profusely, but they were causing minimal damage to the massive horde.

“The undead, they’re… they’re ours…” She stuttered.

“I know.” He said, grimly. He walked forward and drew Monica’s gun. He aimed down the sights at the horde and prepared to fire when Monica quickly spoke up.

“Who knows you’re free?”

“Just my group and Annaliese.” He said, lowering the gun.

“Are they happy to see you?”

Andrew looked out at his group and girlfriend, all firing on the Zombies over and over again. In particular he looked at James, who had separated himself from the others and was firing nearly non-stop. “Some more than others.” He muttered, before re-aiming his own gun and marching forward to thin the horde. “What’d you know?” He shouted to Annaliese as he approacher her from behind.
“Um, we’re pretty sure the only cabin with anyone alive in it is the Drama cabin. All the other cabins have there doors busted down and zombies walking in and out, but Drama’s still got it’s doors standing up and we keep seeing the occasional gunshot come out of the windows.” She reported.

“A crossbow bolt came out of one of the windows too, ya think Ivan’s in there?” Seth asked in between shots.

“Seems like it.” Andrew said, reloading Monica’s handgun. “Do you know who’s safe?” He asked Annaliese.

“I haven’t seen Brandon and his group at all, or Johanna and hers. Emmy and Stu are also all the way at Brad’s house so they should be fine. Nick’s group minus him and Ivan are at his cabin, with Delvyn guarding them so they should be fine.”

“Where’s Gabi?” Andrew asked, a hint of sudden desperation in his voice. Annaliese hesitated.

“I don’t know, maybe she’s inside the Drama cabin? I haven’t seen her among the dead… even though I’ve seen… a lot of her group…” Annaliese began to stutter slightly. She looked down and Andrew put his hand on her shoulder.

“You okay?”

“Yeah… yeah… it’s just good that your back. Really.” She said, re-affirmingly as she looked back up. She touched her hand to Andrew’s briefly, then lifted her handgun back into the air.

“It’s hard. This is going to be hard.”  He said, softly.

“I know.”

She and Andrew both returned to the fight, gunning down the massive horde surrounding the cabin. It was truly huge, and with every zombie that fell down, and every dead face that Andrew recognized, he felt a larger and larger pit form in his stomach. They had lost a lot tonight. More than any of them probably had ever expected to lose, and all so quickly. Andrew was stone faced though. Maybe he’d cry later, maybe. He’d remorse when everything was over, but right now he was here. He was standing on the big field of Camp Fireside, helping his campers protect their home from monsters that wanted nothing more than to tear them limb from limb. The past and the future didn’t matter at this moment.

At this point in time, he had a job to do.
© Copyright 2014 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803699-Chapter-63-Andrew---Support