*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804099-What-Distracted-Me-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#804099 added January 21, 2014 at 5:49pm
Restrictions: None
What Distracted Me Today
What distracted me today? Week Five for Welcome to my Reality.

What did not distract me today. Trying to stay focused is near impossible to me. Some days more than others. I would not say I have ADHD - I am just spacey. I have had two hours since my staff have left for the end of the teaching day and in that time I can not tell you what I have really done. Sure I have done bits and pieces of things, but I get so easily off track.

The first thing that derailed me was my stomach. I had figured I would eat my pizza, left over from last night, for my dinner tonight, but I found myself so distracted by the gnawing hunger that I settled in to heating it up and eating it before four o'clock.

I have distracted myself with walks around the school that found me some other teachers and custodians to talk to. Then I fell into reading again - even though the book has not gotten to the point of capturing my interest as yet. That is a good book for reading during report cards because it does not hold my interest enough to keep me focused on it, but I can not seem to focus on anything right now.

Doing my 750 words and my blog have even been more of a chore for me tonight. All I can do is feel the cold and know it will only get colder. It was -26 degrees Celsius earlier today so they did not let the students outside to play. The wind is not as bad as two weeks ago, but it is still there dragging the temperature to below -30, I am sure. All I want to do it find a cozy spot and curl up to sleep.

I think sleep may help, but I know if I go home, I will probably not do a diddly bit of work towards my report cards. I have a week and a day to do them, but I do not want to be doing them last minute. But a nap would be nice and then I could try to set an hour on a timer and go for that amount of time. Anything to find the focus.

Even as I write this, I am not sure what I wrote near the top of the blog as I am too out of it to focus. And now my head hurts. Someone is banging at it from the inside again.

As I sit here and I daydream of a cozy spot with my pajamas on and the blankets wrapped snugly around me. I am torn between staying here and forcing myself to get to work or going home and taking it easy - with letting myself do a bit of work after I have had a bit of time to change gears and warm up.

My husband is on nights this week so I do not have to mess around with dinner making. I have technically had my dinner, but would be able to eat more...

Maybe I will go home. By the time I leave, rush hour will be ebbing and I can find my way, possibly popping into Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha to jack myself up for the cold ride home.

Here's to figuring it all out and finding a place of less distraction - can I get out of my head??




signature for the Paper Doll Gang. ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804099-What-Distracted-Me-Today