*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804217-Im-positive-that-Im-sceptical
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#804217 added January 22, 2014 at 7:29pm
Restrictions: None
I'm positive that I'm sceptical...
G'day from Coonabarabran, New South Wales, Australia.

I travelled from Sydney yesterday, after attending a funeral for Dad's sister, my Aunty Jean. The road trip was uneventful except for diverting onto a different road due to something ahead of us that was delaying traffic.

We couldn't see what it was, but the driver of our car knew of a short cut that took us away from the banked up traffic, and returned us to the main highway after a few kilometres.

This was a little lesson to me. Sometimes, things happen in life, and we cannot see ahead to the cause, we don't know what's going on, we don't have all the information, and you know what? These little incidents are never resolved and nobody loses any sleep over it. It's just life.

So it is with our moods, positive thinking, negative or just plain blankness. Why does it happen? Why do we come to breaks in our thinking where nothing exists, just a mind with no thoughts there?

I saw an interesting link on Facebook in my newsfeed this morning. I can understand anyone being sceptical of this sort of thing, but apart from the persuasions, groups, saving the planet / trees are people too / let's all stop using technology and go live in caves thing, nevertheless, I do feel we should be open minded.

If we find ourselves becoming angry, dismissing things instantly, or not wanting to hear any more, I think it should prompt us to pause and consider. Why fear listening to alternative ideas etc? We don't have to fear that we'll be corrupted somehow and lose our own sense of identity and or beliefs. Surely our lives and how we live are more stable than that, and if not, why not?

Here's the link;

http://altering-perspectives.com/2014/01/scientific-proof-thoughts-intentions-ca...

So, and this is only slightly tongue in cheek, surely we should be able to project these findings towards our written inventions?

New era is ushered in, where we talk to our writing. Talk to the keyboard. Shout to our pens and paper. And the most important thing here? Give yourself a good talking to when you spruce yourself up in front of the bathroom mirror every day.

"Yes, you can do this! Write from your heart sunshine! You are already famous for literary mind burlary, its just that people don't realise yet!"
And so forth.

Just don't do this while waiting for your Doctor to finish entering your details in his / her computer. Otherwise you'll probably receive another prescription for more tablets.


Sparky

Quills Sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804217-Im-positive-that-Im-sceptical