*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807136-Words-and-stuff-How-uncomfortable-do-they-make-YOU-feel
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#807136 added February 15, 2014 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
Words and stuff. How uncomfortable do they make YOU feel?
Blogging badge


There are words, and phrases that are abrasive, annoying, make you feel irritated, feel odd, feel discomfort, and even feel ill.

Why is that?

I suppose it's because of when we were first developing language skills, learning all about the world around us, the people and creatures in it, and ourselves, those experiences formed the association we attach to those words and sentences.

We learnt and learn of the differing circles of closeness to each other, to nature, to everything, including whatever deity our beliefs embrace. (If any)

So, there are words and the various combinations of them, that stir us up to wrath, or make us feel all sorts of things.

Today, I was specifically thinking about the annoying or less than comforting ones.

My daughter dislikes the word moist. Yep, she just does. There doesn't have to be a reason for some things. There is no correct or incorrect answer. Not at all. That's the thing about humans.

We are a mad lot.

Words and phrases I'm not particularly fond of, or some of them at least;

Itchy
stubbed
body odour
stinky
error number
...(whatever)
10% battery left
Final Demand
Batteries Not Included
Globes Not Included
Not to be sold individually
No correspondence will be entered into
.
We regret to inform you (Yeah right. You couldn't care less you #$%@ ! )
Sold with all faults if any. (That's not what you said in the for sale sign...)
clacking
cavity
mucous
boil
aspartame
(How dare companies (that also means shareholders of that company) knowingly produce stuff that poisons humans. Shame on you!)
wreath
nostril
appraisal
accuse
drought
Your internet usage has exceeded your chosen plan and has now been slowed
. (Have a nice day)
Telstra phone credit is not transferable to the next month. (But I paid for it. Now you are taking it back? If I pay for groceries and don't use them all this month, will Woolworth's or Coles come and take back the food out of my refrigerator and pantry? D/bags!)
Oh My God (I hate this statement with a passion. If I swore in public or insulted people's mum's or babies with the most filthy words, how would they feel? Why should people insult God within my hearing? Why should I put up with it? I do because it's not worth the flack of protesting and being derided for having some sort of beliefs. Ok. Rant over *Smile* but it does annoy the heck out of me)
lump
just sayin (yes I say it too, but it's still annoying, just sayin)
leaking
contaminated (Even if it's just the tea bag label falling in the mug as I pour hot water in, it's still contaminated. And I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! MMmmrrrggggghhhhhh. Makes me MAD! MAD!!!)
smelly
tinea
(any fungal disease, example ringworm)
stale
empty
(specifically fuel tank)
flat (battery)
sting
groin
argument
(I always misspell this along with whether, wether and weather. Thank you spell check, but the word wether DOES exist. ie;a castrated male sheep. idiotic electronic imbecile)
blame
But, it worked yesterday.
work performance
sales targets
bottom line

any worn out cliché saying (the infectious disease of my writing)
yes! infectious. That's definitely an annoying word
Work commitments
Safety parameters
. Yes, I know we have to have them, I know it's for our own good, I know all that stuff. But the word and association still annoys the heck out of me. (did I say annoys the heck out of me, before, in this blog?)
E
single bar on your mobile phone

safari cannot load the page because your internet has been disconnected (out of range)
WHATEVER! *Bigsmile*

I feel quite happy and cheerful being annoyed at all those words.

What word stuff annoys the heck out of you?

People who say "word stuff"? *Wink* and then wink?

People who carry on at others for doing annoying things against their beliefs? *Smile*

Random Info.

A performance I find far from annoying; in fact I like it a lot, even if it's not the Australian national anthem.

So, here's to you, Americans. Be proud of this elderly lady's take on a classic piece. (And Sugar Rose Dupre I'm still learning this from the sheet music you sent)



Make sure you watch right to the end! Red roses take away every annoyance known. *Smile*

Sparky

Quills Sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807136-Words-and-stuff-How-uncomfortable-do-they-make-YOU-feel