*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810341-Simple-Truths
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#810341 added March 16, 2014 at 5:07pm
Restrictions: None
Simple "Truths"
This morning I went to Marshfield and did some indoor electric flying. They have a nice gym. I have two Embers. One is nearing the end of its service life and the other flies like a dream. Roger and I got to talk on the way up there and back. That was fun. I met a retired doctor who is interested in trying it.

Angelo sent me an e-mail and offered to help out in the Exploratory Writing Workshop this Spring. That was nice of him and I'll definitely take him up on the offer. Linda has gone off to Branson with her friend Louise leaving me home alone for the next few days. So there you have it regarding my recent life.

I got home at noon feeling bone tired. I took a nap and when I woke up it was 3:30. I dreamed I was talking to Vladimir Putin. He showed me an accounting model and I looked at it and said I couldn't read his handwriting. I asked his wife if she could read it. She said he never wrote her. The dialog in the dream was like the movie Nebraska. Linda and I watched it the other day. It had some great lines. One set went something like this.

Son: "Did you ever think about having kids, Dad?"

Father: "No, why would I ever do that?"

Son: (Puzzled look)

Father: "I knew if I screwed her enough, we'd have some."

It reminded me of a line my grandmother told me in a nursing home. "I had nine kids... would have had more if my husband wasn't always on the road." I remember walking into her room and seeing her look closely at me before exclaiming... "OMG, the old Devil's back!" I must have had a resemblance to my grandfather in his younger days.

I know! I know! it sounds cold and insensitive but it fit nicely into the theme of "Blunt honesty," "Simple Truths" or maybe... "Naive innocence or unthinking trust." It left a bitter sweet taste in my mouth and has hung with me the past couple of days.


© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810341-Simple-Truths