*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810520-Todays-comestible-viand-aliment-shingle-Tomorrows-lot
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#810520 added March 18, 2014 at 1:59am
Restrictions: None
Today's comestible, viand, aliment, shingle. Tomorrow"s lot.
Blogging badge


Ok, I promise to keep this one short, and not go off, not carry on, nor be outspoken, not get carried away. *Cool*

Here's a simple question that is nevertheless deceptive.

Do you find yourself doing things because of an attitude you absorbed from a movie, or TV program?

Be honest eh. (As Queenslanders say; they always / mostly end their sentences with the word eh. (pronounced ay))

I, for one, probably notice this effect, this unnoticed influence, more than most. For 99.99% of my life I haven't seen a TV and have never owned one. People have offered to give me one. They think it's because I can't afford one. My wife doesn't want one either.

But when I do watch one, or more to the point, when I see a movie or DVD, I find that afterwards, I find myself doing stuff, or thinking things that I realise are direct influence from the movie.
This may not necessarily be a bad thing, but I believe we should be aware that even the most mundane, bland movie can influence us, and we could be adopting an attitude from a scripted storyline.

It's obvious I suppose, and not some amazing deduction on my part.

I'm continually surprised though, how our minds pick up on things we see, read, hear and feel. And these are only the senses that we know of; we all know of that 6th sense feeling that I guess is a matter of contention.

It's probably a good thing if the influence from a movie helps us to feel more positive about life. But what if we feel tougher, feel impervious, feel invincible, or no longer care for those we cared about before?

What if we suddenly hate those of another race, or feel that we should be much more proud of ourselves, that we should be big in ourselves.

What if the movie made us think it's ok to bash people? Oh yeah, that's the right thing to do, be oh so tough and smack your family around. It's ok to do drugs, it's good to get "smashed" and come home to your wife, who you see as a punching bag now. It's ok to do the wrong thing by your wife or husband now, I mean, everyone's doing it eh? (Queensland again) It's quite ok to belong to street gangs, gangs in prison, crime groups and whatever else makes us feel like da man.

People aren't stupid though. We should see through all that surely? A movie is just pretend and can't make us do anything, can it?

OK. I promised not to go off. So this is the end of the blog. I just have to pull out my hanky and wipe away the emotion, blow my nose and then think sensitive stuff about everyone. I should do what they do in the Chaser's War On Everything.
When I talk to anyone, turn away from them.



Has to be right, but I'm not sure what put the idea into my head.

Ha! At least books don't do this eh. Nah eh. Yeah nah. (As they say, a lot, in Tasmania.)

Yeah Nah. They do eh.

What we are tomorrow will depend a lot on what we eat today. That's the saying isn't it? Maybe just sort of not think about people going to the gym ok? This doesn't apply to everyone these days. You CAN eat some junk food right?

There is no WAY I'm influenced by any TV show or book or advertising, to eat junk food. Subconscious advertising is NOT LEGAL anyway. Noway.

Today's bread will be tomorrows life?

Of controversial authorship the following quotation;

Watch your thoughts. They become words. Watch your words. They become deeds. Watch your deeds. They become habits. Watch your habits. They become character. Character is everything.

And another version:

”Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.” You sow an act, you reap a habit (acts repeated constitute habits); you sow a habit, you reap a character; you sow a character, you reap a destiny. Let them, he said, cultivate habits of industry, application, and order, and they might rely upon it, with God’s blessing, they would succeed in life.

Source:http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/01/10/watch-your-thoughts/

Ever heard anyone quote someone's cough, or sneeze, have you? Surely someone famous was quoted in this way? Elvis for example. Did John Lennon ever chuckle or clear his throat, and the utterance not be recorded for a news article?



I once posted a status on Facebook of myself. Sort of selfish, yes, but it was what I said at the time, accurately recorded, and my own words, my own literae scriptae.

"Burp!" quoted from (my name) 12:39 pm. Tuesday January 29.

Nobody thought it worthy of comment, or "Like". No surprises there I guess. Still you have to try things on, you know, test the waters with new ideas. Never know, one of these days, that idea might just be influential. They'll call it something new, a new name such as TV.

Or Facebook. Or www.writing.com.

Sparky

Quills sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810520-Todays-comestible-viand-aliment-shingle-Tomorrows-lot