*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811864-Recycling-literature-when-thongs-are-footware-not-lingerie
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#811864 added March 31, 2014 at 6:11am
Restrictions: None
Recycling literature when thongs are footware, not lingerie
Is there anything new under the sun?

It may come as a surprise to know that our stuff may not be as original as we thought.

Do you panic, thinking that perhaps everything is already written, and maybe there's not much more original "new" stories to create.

Maybe it's like music. Isn't it all pretty much the dregs out of the bottom of the tank now? All the songs, and possible combinations of notes and lyrics, have already been written, haven't they?

Surely nobody can expect there to be more geniuses like Bach, Beethoven, John Lennon, or Elvis.
No one could possibly write songs or pieces as good as The Seekers, Crowded House, Linda Perry, or AC/DC.

No one could paint something as good as Vincent Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Picasso or Michelangelo.

And yet, sometimes I wonder about the realms we have yet to explore.

A lot of it comes down to belief.

People. Have we learnt anything from situations in the past?

There was a time when people thought the earth was flat. They scorned any talk of a spherical planet, and the sun rolled around us thank you, not us rotating, and rolling around it for the seasons and year.

And what heretics to contemplate flight! Doofus brains the lot of em. Yeah? They hadn't heard of Heathrow back then, KLA, LAX, Kingsford-Smith, Boryspil, Guangzhou or Charles de Gaulle.

No, their attitude was to laugh new thinking to scorn. Talking crowds doing this folks. MOST PEOPLE. In fact, think about it; almost everyone thought the person was crackers who thought up a new idea like flight.

Remember? Germs and bacteria weren't in fashion, but burning people at the stake was, beheading people buried in the ground - you know - doing the old bowling ball skull skittles game. Yes, outrageous and a bit off to even mention it now days, let alone go into the gruesome detail that was considered normal back then.

So where am I going with all this original thinking.

What if the idea of spiritual life, and dare I say it, GOD, was more than stories, wishful thinking or religious self appointed guff and marlarky? What if there is a further realm from where we stand today?

What if most people, ALMOST EVERYONE ON EARTH, as in the days of burning witches and guillotining non-correct-religion persons heads off, what if most people poo pooed the idea of spirits, another dimension and invisible entities?

What if we, or most of us here, don't understand the most basic steps of being spiritual? The most dumbed down first baby steps of coming anywhere close of beginning to understand the world of spirits, and rarely does anyone come or listen, let alone believe.

Nobody really believes in the spiritual world, that's the bottom line. Millions say they do, but do they? Ask the questions of comparison. What lines up with scripture. That's how to nut out what is right and what is wrong. Don't pick a verse or chapter or book to suit a set of man made, money making, whatever making groups or businesses.

Then, I think to myself, we have the invisible things already in nature that show plainly (ok, show invisibly) that there are forces we don't understand.
There are forces that don't appear to our natural flesh and blood eyes.
Step the next "Duh!" baby step to think, perhaps, just maybe, we don't understand everything that we arrogantly think we do.

Invisible spiritual world. But nope. Doesn't exist cos I can't see it. Right.

And what if there's a further realm to composing, painting, singing and writing?

We see evidence of an endless realm of original ideas moving into the future of mankind. Perhaps God controls this, perhaps not.

There are people who try new things just for fun. Could we believe that?

monster bike


Thong chain. (Thongs are not G-strings or lingerie in Australia. They are foot-ware - flip-flops.)

https://www.facebook.com/OnlyInOz

Jet Bike


Thieves made off with even this huge bike. Note the bike security chain still there.
Invalid Photo #1034246 Invalid Photo #1034247

And here.



This is a meal with unique plating up. A one off. This proves that the world has any number of new combinations, new creations that seem to be there for the picking, there for us writers to blog about, to talk about, to gossip about, to dismiss as bollocks.

But you can always tell an original new idea, quite clearly and easily.

It's because it's...

Sparky

Quills sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811864-Recycling-literature-when-thongs-are-footware-not-lingerie