*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811893-Full-Circle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#811893 added March 31, 2014 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
Full Circle
I have seen General McInerney on Fox News several times after offering his view that Flight MH 370 was sitting in a hanger somewhere in Pakistan. He really took some heat for offering that hypothesis. Since then, he has not retracted his opinion and only offered that it is always better to err on the side of portentous consequence. I couldn’t agree more. If the hijacking was successful and the purpose was to make the airplane into a delivery platform, that scenario could lead to the deaths of countless innocents and hence the idea that it is always better to be safe than sorry. At the time the General offered his view it appeared that the searchers were on the verge of discovering the wreckage in the Pacific Ocean. Since then that possibility has not panned out.

President Obama has been noticeably quiet through all this except to say that the US would spare no resources in finding out what happened.- For those of you that have been watching the media there has not been much evidence of US involvement. For example I have see satellite imagery from France, China and other countries but none from the United States. We have submarines that can hear a whale belch at a thousand Kilometers and there have been no reports from the Navy. The Australians, using cold war technology have dropped some sonar-buoys and they haven’t reported anything either.

This brings us back to where we started. Did the airliner follow the northern arc, after a successful hijacking and land somewhere, or did the airliner, following an unsuccessful hijacking, take the southern arc and crash in the Pacific Ocean? These are the two options that make the most sense and are the two we should be focusing on. However, there is one more I'll be offering tomorrow goes in neither direction but stays closer to home.

If we don’t find the wreckage, some bodies or other evidence soon, along the southern arc, we need to divide the search resources more equitably between the two (maybe three) most likely possibilities. General McInerney is absolutely right. If we are going to err it needs to be where the potential consequences will be the most horrorific.

I think for the next few blogs I'll exam some possibilities looking into what would happen if the hijacked airliner followed something other than the southern arc.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811893-Full-Circle