*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813819-Anticipation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1984213
Thoughts that clammer through my head
#813819 added April 15, 2014 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
Anticipation
So I'm trying hard to stay awake tonight, and my body is putting up a pretty good fight about it too. I've been sick for two weeks, upper respiratory stuff that sucks the energy out of you, but tonight I'm on a mission. We are going to have a lunar eclipse tonight, a blood moon! The camera is ready and mounted to the tripod. I already have the settings dialed in and the battery is charged.

My husband finally went to bed unable to fight off the sleep. He's been sick too so I don't blame him. My kids are sending me text messages. No matter how old they get, every lunar eclipse brings memories of our first one together lying on a California beach at midnight. The moon was ghostly white and there wasn't any blood moon but we watched the blackness cover it and slide right off the other side. The ocean reacted with as much excitement as we did. Waves crashed the beach so hard, it created it's own breeze and fine sprays of salt water. In one hour the tide had reached our blanket we were laying on. We started laughing and screaming when a wave doused us with cold water. We jumped up, grabbed our blanket and ran further up the beach. We plopped ourselves down in the sand again and finished watching the spectacular show in the sky.

My kids are in other parts of the country now, staying awake with their own kids to watch the eclipse tonight. They send me text messages now with little notes of love. I'm filled with the beautiful memories when they were little and I am excited about getting pictures tonight to share with my grandchildren when I see them. It's time to go.

Chasing Worms

© Copyright 2014 Chasing Worms (UN: chasingworms at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chasing Worms has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813819-Anticipation