*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815597-Another-this-and-that
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#815597 added May 2, 2014 at 11:45am
Restrictions: None
Another this and that
It is raining again with no letup forecast until tomorrow morning. From my window nearby I can see the moving water in the gutter between the roadway and curb out front. It is moving at a fast pace. Cardinals and chickadees continue to visit my porch feeder since it is sheltered. They are hungry little dudes. I have some hanging plants around the porch soaking up the rainy spray and humidity. It is not dark today, only dreary.

I met with my life history group yesterday and enjoyed some incredible stories about tomato picking, albino frogs, posing nude for artists, newborn twins, nursing misadventures, genealogy updates, and some very expensive repair work.

Ocala, Florida, just south of where I live, is a horse-intensive town with several local born and raised four-legged creatures in the Derby tomorrow, Dance With Fire, Chitu, Commanding Curve, and Wildcat Red. Don't horses have wonderful names? Suppose we were named like horses, a little something of our parents and a little something for our own disposition...Momma's Mischief, Rose's Waterbaby...who would you be? I'll be watching the derby and rooting for the homegrowns. And praying for no mishaps.

I just read this and thought it worth sharing. "If you are saying things to yourself that you would never say to a friend, It's time to make a change." It is a bad habit and not funny, beating oneself up.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815597-Another-this-and-that