*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818850-Thousand-pictures-with-one-glance-tad-hard-to-process-yeah
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#818850 added June 6, 2014 at 2:24am
Restrictions: None
Thousand pictures with one glance; tad hard to process yeah?
Today Elle - on hiatus presented a challenge in the new WDC photography club she's organised. (Invented); to take a photo and link it to the club forum etc.

GROUP
WDC Photography Club  (E)
For all photographers of any level...
#1993534 by Jim Hall


This remined me of yesterdays blog entry about Carly, the amazing young lady with autism, who has pioneered a breakthrough in communicating the "other side" of autism. She has completely changed how people with autism are viewed. Well, has she? Has she changed people's thinking in this regard?

If Carly were to enter a single glance at someone's face, into a photography competition, it would be "a thousand pictures".

If those pics were digital and reasonable definition, say a 10 (?) megapixel phone camera, they'd be around 2-5 megabytes each x 1000.

I'm amazed that the human brain can cope at all with this amount of processing. I guess we all would think it a bit of a chore.

Not only does Carly (and perhaps all people with autism spectrum) process that 1000 pictures, but then all the rest of the sensory input overload. Sight, Sounds, Smell, Touch, Taste, Thoughts, Reactions, Emotions, Uncontrolled stuff, not forgetting all the outputs.
So what if they aren't there, or enabled. She's trying to make them happen, and has no choice in a lot of stuff that happens. Motor Skills, Speech, Communicating somehow, frustration, fear, love, yes. The list could go on and on.

Why am I surprised that she battles to process this? Why am I surprised that there was a person trapped inside her body?

Why are any of us surprised at this? Perhaps because we are set in our thinking, especially experts in the field.

So, fronting up to this photo challenge of one pic for the week seems a reasonably acheivable goal for me. And I have most if not all my functionality.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818850-Thousand-pictures-with-one-glance-tad-hard-to-process-yeah