*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822344-Day-130-prompt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#822344 added July 11, 2014 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
Day 130 prompt
Prompt: What's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?

I thought about this for a while. I'm a spontaneous type a person. If something comes up that is better than cleaning house or doing something I'd rather not do, I'll jump on it and go. I may just jump in the car and drive around to Saturday markets so I don't have to sweep and mop.  I saw a writing group was meeting across town and wondered what that group would be like. I answered YES and showed up. I got to read some of my work, got great feedback. I went to a Saturday writing/reading critique the first time and decided to join them as often as I can.

Along this same line, so show how spontaneous we are, we named our boat KNOCKOFF EARLY Mr. Perfection would call and say, "Get the boat ready, I'm going to knock off early and we'll go to the river." I'd run quick to the corner market and pick up a qt of some salad and a pack pop. I'd heat the hot dogs and wrap them in foil then put everything we needed in the boat.  My daughter (then 6) would be ready to go and watching for his van. I'd have his clothes ready and in about 10 min or less we'd be on the road to the St. Croix River.  I miss those days.

Now we are older, economics have changed a little and we both work. My daughter lives 1800 miles away and my son (now 30) works at the same place as my husband and I. We have to plan time off. My boss has retired but he and his wife have been friends of our parents since my husband and I were children. (That's a whole' nuther story) They have a place in Central Oregon and we often go there for a weekend.

When the pipes burst in Dec and the place flooded I worked over there instead of here in Portland. It was hard to do my regular job on the phone then have to run down stairs to haul stuff out of closets, or wet stuff to the dumpster. When it was done we were able to just relax. I love sitting out in the hot tub in the winter and the snow is falling. There are nights when the sky is so clear the stars are visible by the billions. I've seen pictures of a sky filled with stars, but not like this with my own eyes. Most times the sky is clear but you can only see just the regular stars you see from your backyard. 

These two nights I sat in the hot tub in amazement as it seemed I could see beyond the stars. The darkness and vastness of space made me feel small and yet to know that as small as I am in comparison to the vastness of space God sees ME. He cares about ME and what I'm thinking, my wants and my desire to do His service and to see him face to face some day. 

Words & music by R. Goodman)
When I think of how He came so far from glory
Came to dwell among the lowly such as I
To suffer shame and such disgrace
On Mount Calvary take my place
Then I ask myself this question
Who am I?

Who am I that The King would bleed and die for?
Who am I that He would pray not my will, Thine Lord?
The answer I may never know
Why He ever loved me so
That to an old rugged cross He'd go
For who am I?

When I'm reminded of His words
I'll leave you never
If you'll be true I'll give to you life forever
Oh I wonder what I could have done
To deserve God's only Son
To fight my battles until they're won
For who am I?

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822344-Day-130-prompt