*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822407-Lyubov-Sirota-We-know-what-it-meansyes-what-you-mean
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#822407 added July 12, 2014 at 4:28am
Restrictions: None
Lyubov Sirota! We know what it means...yes, what you mean!
Actress, poetess, wife, mother, pioneer, advocate, passionate patriot. And a valued friend.

You saw, you witnessed first hand, that white hot flash that branded the hide of our planet's inhabitants, scarring our health, well being, and creating a chasm of untold loss that will never be healed, only forgotten. You witnessed the Chernobyl explosion.

How many thousands of years from that day, will it take for your home, and city, to be safe to inhabit, and released from the bureaucratic zone of alienation, set free from a horror of loss that no amount of tears, or bitterness, will cleanse away.

You have been paying the price, personally, ever since that day, along with many of your neighbours, relatives and fellow city / country dwellers.

Nuclear power plant design, and the reuse / safe disposal of the waste product, may somehow be perfected one day in the future, but your experience should stand as a warning to all of us, and all of our many, many children as yet unborn.

What legacy will they inherit? An irresponsible, weak minded passive leadership that is voted in by people who would rather hide their heads in the comfort zone of modern technological warmth, or a strong, wise, decisive, caring group who are voted in by far seeing everyday citizens.

Who is responsible, ultimately? Our leaders? Criminals? Zealots? Others?

Isn't it ourselves, bringing up our children? What are we teaching them? Are we teachers?

Or are we enjoying our own pleasurable non-involvement, and letting our children remain unaware of global steps, the results of decisions that will be visited on people in the future. Or are we trying, however our small lot in life may allow, to move awareness towards better paths, far reaching goals and progressive thinking.

There is one person that does encourage that, in the gentlest way. She, Lyubov, is doing all her health will allow, to bring understanding to people.

Perhaps there is still hope, that all of us, whatever country or language or culture or religion or education or wealth or attitude, can be softened, moved, touched, persuaded, even shamed into deciding we want a different future. This future is made today, in our own lives, our own homes and families. Everyone has someone who taught them from childhood, or negligently couldn't be bothered, or taught them to fear, to accept injury and to hate.

Lyubov Sirota's name translates to the words Love Orphan.

Without any teaching, showing, demonstration of wise decisions for the future, our children in eras to come, will be just that.

STATIC
The Garden of Pripyat  (13+)
This poem is dedicated to Lyubov Sirota & Pripyat. Click the links to learn why.
#1899777 by Sparky


Lyubov shared the video clip below on Facebook today. I don't understand what the words mean they are singing, but it doesn't matter. I get it. I get the meaning, passion, uplifting, grief, resolve.



Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822407-Lyubov-Sirota-We-know-what-it-meansyes-what-you-mean