*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822636-You-had-the-key-to-salvation-but-you-chosecondemnation
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#822636 added July 15, 2014 at 2:51am
Restrictions: None
You had the key to salvation, but you chose...condemnation.
The YouTube clip called Black Button has been uploaded for a while, January 25 2007, but it's one of the few amateur clips that I remember clearly.



Whether you are a believer in the subject matter, or not, or the delivery of it, that doesn't or shouldn't effect the quality of directorship of the film.

How have they got the message across to you?

For such a short film, it has loud impact. It's gripping, holds your attention the entire time and is probably summed up by the guys themselves at DarkHeartedProductions.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnep3mFNuTpG32NnuHcRqPw

Additionally, we have no particular religious affiliation; this is a fictional work and its ideas are designed to encourage thought and debate, not comment on any particular theology.

Well, they may not have offered any comment or stirred up a religious debate, but the film itself speaks a loud warning.
Reap what you sow. Don't be a doofus. Drive carefully. Stop being so greedy.

Most of all, Get a bit of Love for your fellow man / woman. The charitable kind. No, not anonymous donations to some group of giver outerers, but cut people some slack. Plenty of it.

Try drawing from your tank of forgiveness once in a while. Maybe the 70 x 7 seems a bit much, as it says in the Bible. That's for your brother. Well it strikes me that it's for everyone.

Hauling my head contents back to film clips with clout, I sometimes ponder over videos or very short stories like this. What gives them such a forceful appeal? Why and how did the writer, playwright, whatever, jam such provocation of thought into those few scenes and sentences?

It's just so good to watch these, or read those stories, or poems, or hear those songs, when we feel an immediate jab to the solar plexus.

There is no doubt when something is this good.



http://teespring.com/ionlylikewriting

Is it because their time, budget, etc etc was so limited, and they had oodles of determination? Did they feel such a sense of urgency, such a need, such a vital requirement, that something trimmed down happened?

What they wrote was meat. All of it was the guts of the matter. No mucking about.

You know where you stand with pieces like this, and perhaps, whatever your ideas or beliefs and such, that's why they are so gripping. You just get the nitty gritty and no fluff, extras, doodles, fiddling or padding. No boring bits, no silliness, and no dopey wading through words that are just that.

There is a short, very short, call coming into my head lately, and I've tried to ignore it, but it's still there. It's telling me to stop mucking around, myself, and get back to my own novels.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822636-You-had-the-key-to-salvation-but-you-chosecondemnation