*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824345-Positive-Stories-Friends-Reunions--Lifes-Purpose
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#824345 added August 3, 2014 at 4:17pm
Restrictions: None
Positive Stories, Friends, Reunions & Life's Purpose
Today's blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Pick a Positive Story to tell about. This is following Charlie ~ ' lead.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4732925-break-out-your-canoe-heavy-rains-flo...

Talk about making the most of a situation. I mentioned we had wild thunderstorms yesterday. Our end of town barely got anything, but the other end was drenched. Apparently, it got so much there was flooding, but no houses were effected (thank goodness). This gentleman took advantage of not getting away for the long weekend. Let's just hope he was close to home when the water cleared so he didn't have to carry the canoe back home.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Thirty – Two


3. Who is your oldest friend? Tell us what made this friendship special enough to endure years of friendship.

I have two friends that I have known for well over half my life.

I met Michelle when I was nine and she was seven. Her family lived next door to my aunt and uncle in Guelph. The summer of 1976 I came to visit. Michelle had been told I was coming and she was excited about meeting me. When I arrived she was right there. We spent so much time together, including sleep overs (I had never had one of those before). Being an only child, I needed to ask for a break, I was not used to constant companionship. Unlike other kids, Michelle accepted my request and went off to play with some other children. Half an hour later, when I was ready to be with others again, I asked to play and she accepted me back no questions asked. She was the first kid to be accepting of my need for time. We've been friends ever since.

I met Debbie in grade ten in a drama class I was taking to help me tackle my shyness. It was 1982. Unlike Michelle, who is a grade behind me, Debbie was a year and six days older than me. She had failed a few grades to put her in my grade. Debbie was fun and open and we hit it off immediately. Her approach to life helped me relax and my shyness shriveled - for the most part. Debbie has often been comic relief for me in a good way - at my wedding she was trembling more than me and that actually helped me laugh and relax.
Both Debbie and Michelle are loyal and dependable friends. We stuck up for each other and supported each other through many things.

4. Have you ever attended a high school reunion? If not, have you ever considered going to one why or why not? If yes, tell us about it. Would you go to another.

I did not go to my high school reunion. I could have gone but opted not to go. The people I am close to are not in the same grade as me. Michelle graduated the next year and Debbie dropped out six weeks before the end of the school year so she never graduated from our high school. I was not a huge fan of my classmates and although I know a few people from my own grade I keep in touch via Facebook or not at all. I have moved on, looking back does not interest me. I am what I am here and now. What I was then was younger, but a shier, gawkier version. It was not somebody I want to remember and those people, they were like that too. Why go back? It might be nice if you were rich and famous and could rub their noses in it, but even then, why would you want to waste your time.
I did not go to my university reunion either.

7. What do you feel your life's purpose is at this point in your life or in general?

My life's purpose at this point in my life is to uplift others and be a blessing. I am an instrument of God, and though I may not always do what I should, I am here to be God's hands, feet and heart. That is it in a nutshell and before you turn away at that... know that loving and caring for others is something we all do.

Like my serial blog of July 29, 30 and 31, we all cause ripples in each others lives. Being a positive influence is a ripple I want to create. I want to bring a smile to people's lives whether it is a funny comment, a hug or anything else that will make their lives a little lighter. This life is not easy. I want to be a person who can give a bit of sunshine when the lights are dimming.

I find writing and teaching help me to do this, as does spending time with friends and family. I think my life is pretty good and I am content with that.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824345-Positive-Stories-Friends-Reunions--Lifes-Purpose