*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825282-Looking-for-the-sun
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#825282 added August 14, 2014 at 7:47am
Restrictions: None
Looking for the sun
When I went out onto my back porch this morning after Mopsy rousted me out of bed, the sun was shining from the wrong direction. A huge bright spot was on the concrete floor from the west side. I looked out through the screen and yes, fluffy white clouds, sort of hazy looking, were shining from the western sky, strong enough to reflect on my porch floor. Where was that light coming from? Had the earth turned upside down during the night? Was the sun now rising in the west? What an eerie feeling. My brain was confused, astounded, afraid. I actually had to turn on the tv to find the news. It seemed that real.

Of course, it was nothing. Just the sun from the east, rising and reflecting on some fog, I suppose. But it made me, me, who never wrote science fiction or fantasy, understand a little better how writers can do that. Impossible things are possible and can be written about.

Yes, I know, I'm thinking too much too early in the morning....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825282-Looking-for-the-sun