*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825877-DELETE-key---Our-other-best-friend
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#825877 added August 21, 2014 at 2:44am
Restrictions: None
DELETE! key - Our other best friend.
Have you ever wanted to take something away? Get rid of something? Get rid of someone?

Well, you can. Just press delete. Click delete. It works well on computers, sometimes too well on things we mistakenly deleted or changed our minds later. There is the recycled bin, but let's talk about deleting things in real life.

Let's make all our problems go away. Anything uncomfortable, anything illogical to our mind, anything that doesn't suit us personally, anything that costs MONEY, anything that isn't perfect to us, anything we don't understand, anything that isn't square, level, proportionate and of the dimensions set forth in the PLAN.

Let's delete people in our minds the instant we judge them to not measure up to what we think they should. It's so easy. And it makes sense, doesn't it?
Why bother with stuff that is a "reject"? Why waste time on waste? Why put up with second best, with slightly shop soiled, with faulty merchandise, with anything ANYTHING less than perfect!

Why am I making such an ironic tone of this blog entry? Do I really mean all that delete stuff?

NO.

But this guy does.

http://www.9news.com.au/health/2014/08/21/10/30/richard-dawkins-horrid-monster-m...

He wants to delete those who are found to be imperfect, before they've even had a chance at life. He feels that he knows just what a perfect plan is, and how to have a perfect people on a perfect earth.

For someone who doesn't believe in God, he comes across as being one.

For all those who commented in agreement with him, I feel such a sense of sadness and puzzlement.

Listen to what you're saying! You are putting forth the thin edge of the wedge of your own demise...

Maybe I should delete this blog, as much good as it will do. But, no. I'll leave it to have a chance at life, to communicate, to maybe be a help to others, and at least express a part of myself.

Just like any imperfect person has a right to.

Sparky

Featured as part of my signature, the video below is here to raise awareness of Carly, who thrives despite the difficulties of severe Autism. Watching and learning about her may change how we think of these people, and how we treat them.



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825877-DELETE-key---Our-other-best-friend