*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830098-On-Scary-Books
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#830098 added October 5, 2014 at 10:01am
Restrictions: None
On Scary Books
Welcome to Talent Pond's Blog Harbor. The safe place for bloggers to connect.


The scariest book I've ever read is...

ASIN: 0393322238
Amazon's Price: $ 11.92


This has to be the scariest book I've ever read, I guess because it was true. In case you're young and not familiar, the Manson murdering crime spree took place in 1969. I was fifteen, in the age range of some of his "followers". Vincent Bugliosi was the prosecuting attorney at Manson's trial and wrote this account a few years later. The paperback copy sits on one of my bookshelves gathering dust but still powerful. When I am looking for something and my eyes cross over it, I can feel the blood start to drain from my head down to my toes...no kidding.

I won't tell you anything about the horrible crimes, to repeat them somehow gives credence to the person of Manson. Suffice it to say, in my mind, his name personifies evil to me.

Over the years I have tried to keep track of Manson's whereabouts, I guess for my own safety. When he was found guilty, he was sentenced to death, but in the interim, California voted out the death sentence and he was committed to life in prison. I just want to make sure he stays there. I don't believe any of his "family" have ever been paroled either.

My fascination (a terrible word to use, I know) with the story has always been the amount of control Manson had over his group, young people just like me, or so it seemed. They did anything for him and I mean anything. And even after he was convicted, they never changed their minds. Unbelievable but true.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830098-On-Scary-Books