*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831849-Novels-to-Movies--the-Cinnamon-Fringe-Challenge
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#831849 added October 21, 2014 at 8:27am
Restrictions: None
Novels to Movies: the Cinnamon Fringe Challenge
Cinnamon Fringe challenged me to comment on Novels to Movies: the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of the ones I have seen ... which is not many. Seriously, only a handful of items in this category.





I read Gone with the Wind. Fantastic book, and chopped up movie. Liked the book better and vowed I would never see the movie version of a really good book after that. Come on! I was 16. Vows last what? Two minutes? If you are lucky.





Then after the third repeat of 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, I saw that it was based on "The Sobbin Women" a short story by Stephen Vincent Benet. I went on a two year search for the book Thirteen O'Clock. No regrets on spending the money and the time getting the book, but proved once again that the movie was nothing like the story.





Then as I got older and lazier, the Left Behind Series came out. Rather than read the books again, I just watched the Kirk Cameron version of the movies. (Can't force myself to watch one more Nicholas Cage movie. Major ham feast -- worse than the Shatner effect.) Cameron stayed pretty true to the book which is amazing and which I liked.





I recently read Heaven is for Real and loved it. People who read the book and saw the movie strongly suggested that I not go to the movie because it is the father's story, whereas the book is the son's story. Not going.





So that's it. Anyone else want to take on the Fringe Challenge?

© Copyright 2014 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831849-Novels-to-Movies--the-Cinnamon-Fringe-Challenge