*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832917-Day-32-of-my-95-Day-Gratitude-Challenge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#832917 added November 2, 2014 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Day 32 of my 95-Day Gratitude Challenge
Jalal (Glory), 17 'Ilm (Knowledge), 171 BE - Saturday, November 1, 2014 about 5:11 am Pacific Daylight Time

November at last! I'm not sure how I feel about it being November because Mom died on November 29, 2012. It's been two years since her death, I'm not sure how much progress I've made. I'm grateful that Thanksgiving doesn't fall on the 29th this year because I'm not sure I could celebrate Thanksgiving if it did.

This morning I'm ravenous I ate some of the grapes I purchased at Cardenas yesterday and I was still hungry. I just finished eating a small container of yogurt, but it didn't sate my hunger. I think I'll fix me a turkey patty with an egg and maybe some toast. I don't know why I'm so hunger this morning perhaps it's because I ate only one meal yesterday. I'm planning on more then one meal today. I'll eat breakfast and then go to the bank to deposit my paycheck. I'm grateful that I received a paycheck this week. It was from the first week of working the early elections.

I begin Chapter 1 Day 1 of NaNoWriMo, I completed one paragraph of "Mark of the Blue Wolf "Chapter 1: Weeping Meadows. I can't seem to concentrate on writing the story. I have no problems concentrating on writing because I did eight reviews this morning. It's concentrating on the novel that seems to be the issue today at this moment. It's almost as if I don't want to write this novel; however, this is an idea I've been thinking about for a long time. Perhaps the problem is getting it down on paper. Maybe the only thing I want to do is think about the novel instead of writing it. I am thankful that I have one paragraph of my NaNoWriMo novel completed.

Scripture of the Day

"Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity. Be worthy of the trust of thy neighbor, and look upon him with a bright and friendly face. Be a treasure to the poor, an admonisher to the rich, an answerer of the cry of the needy, a preserver of the sanctity of thy pledge. Be fair in thy judgment, and guarded in thy speech. Be unjust to no man, and show all meekness to all men. Be as a lamp unto them that walk in darkness, a joy to the sorrowful, a sea for the thirsty, a haven for the distressed, an upholder and defender of the victim of oppression. Let integrity and uprightness distinguish all thine acts. Be a home for the stranger, a balm to the suffering, a tower of strength for the fugitive. Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring. Be an ornament to the countenance of truth, a crown to the brow of fidelity, a pillar of the temple of righteousness, a breath of life to the body of mankind, an ensign of the hosts of justice, a luminary above the horizon of virtue, a dew to the soil of the human heart, an ark on the ocean of knowledge, a sun in the heaven of bounty, a gem on the diadem of wisdom, a shining light in the firmament of thy generation, a fruit upon the tree of humility."
Baha'u'llah, Gleanings From the Writings of Baha'u'llah, Page 285

Thankfulness in adversity; this is what I think I'm supposed to learn because I've encountered a lot a adversity lately. It's difficult to be thankful during tests and difficulties; I'm trying, but sometimes I fall back into complaining. I'm not sure I'll ever be prosperous, but then maybe I have the wrong definition of prosperity. I think the lesson my soul must learn is gratitude, thankfulness. I will just have to put in a little more effort at gratitude in difficulties. I am grateful for the difficulties I face because they polish the mirror of my soul.

© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832917-Day-32-of-my-95-Day-Gratitude-Challenge