*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833228-Keeping-a-Diary--My-Writing-Zone
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#833228 added November 4, 2014 at 12:33pm
Restrictions: None
Keeping a Diary & My Writing Zone
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 246


Let's talk " Many of us associate keeping a diary with our emotionally volatile teenage years. But new research suggests that recording our run-of-the-mill, daily experiences, rather than just our highs and lows, could bring us unexpected joy." Do you agree or disagree? Do you keep a diary ?

I guess, I just don't call it a diary.... more like a journal I keep for my own benefit. Blogging is part of that element but I will also keep track of things that matter to me. Looking for those little things in life that can bring you joy is a good way to go with it. Sometimes life gets hectic and it is nice to just take some time to look back for the good things - a string of green lights on your way to work, someone letting you go in front of them in the grocery line because you only have a few things, winning first place in "Invalid Item. That kind of thing. It is a practice of Gratitude. It is also a chance to mark a place in you life to see how the mundane day to day of today may not seem so mundane when you read about it years later.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Forty – Six


2. Do you have a "zone" for writing? Is it a physical place you go to, or is there something you do to get in the mood?

Interesting prompt. I would say that I could write just about anywhere but when I get down to the seriousness of it I do like rountines. For NaNoWriMo I like to write in the morning when it is quiet. I get up around seven or seven thirty and if I do not have to supply I get dressed in comfortable yoga pants or sweatpants, fuzzy socks, a writing t-shirt (if one is clean) and my NaNoWriMo hoodie. I also have my cup of coffee in my Writing.com mug. I am flexible with all of these things but I find it does center me and focus me to get to work.
My spot, on these mornings, is on the couch with my laptop on my lap. I start with a quick check of my WDC emails, then slip into the 750words.com website to do my first 750 plus words to carry my daily streak (I am now at 218 days in a row). I usually start these off with random bits, then focus into my blogging prompts and then head into my novel. I do a quick check to see where I left off and then GO I am off.

I am planning to do a word sprint at 10 am with my NaNo friends on WDC and that will probably gain me over my word quota for the day – all by 10:30 in the morning. That leaves plenty of day to write more to buffer later weeks when things get rougher.
I do like to write in public. Coffee shops are my favourite. I usually pick a spot that allows me to see the whole place, that way I can people watch if the writing is moving slowly. Sometimes the undercurrent of noise helps to ease those internal voices and set me back on track.

I find I never go anywhere without a pen and notebook. At any time, and any where you may see something that needs recording; having something to write on helps capture those tidbits for future use. It is all grist for the mill.

I am over 10,000 words for NaNoWriMo!


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833228-Keeping-a-Diary--My-Writing-Zone