*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833569-Sauntering-Around-Spokane-Again
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#833569 added November 8, 2014 at 5:20pm
Restrictions: None
Sauntering Around Spokane, Again!
         This week finds me in Spokane, Washington, delivering a class to the city, and county.  It was a good week, especially yesterday afternoon when I went to Steptoe Butte a second time.  Steptoe Butte is an upthrust of Quartzite in the Palouse Hills of Eastern Washington State.  The rock that forms the butte is 400 million years old, while the hills of the Palouse around it are 'only' 7-15 million years old.  The view from there is beautiful, the rolling hills of the Palouse cast some very interesting shadows at sunrise and sunset.  While I was there yesterday though, I made a new friend, and snapped a few photo's of him.



He was just too cute not to take pictures of!

         Spokane itself is a really nice city, a little on the smallish side.  The only thing I dislike about it, is that a lot of streets downtown are one way streets, so for a visitor like me, it is hard to get around that first day or so.  Other than that, I loved the area.  Next week I will be in Charlotte, NC for 2 weeks.  Until that time, stay warm as the weather gets colder, and write all you can.  Especially you NaNoWriMo people!  *Smile*

© Copyright 2014 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833569-Sauntering-Around-Spokane-Again