*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834066-Dinner-Tonight
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#834066 added November 15, 2014 at 7:51am
Restrictions: None
Dinner Tonight
         Well,  I had one of those nights at a restaurant.  You know, nice upscale place, atmosphere excellent, everything going well.  Then your food arrives, and you notice that the fish you've been served isn't right.  I remained calm though, and didn't raise a stink.  I spoke politely to my server about it, and end up getting it fixed to my satisfaction.  Yes, I ate for free.  Here is the review I gave them on Trip Advisor.  3 Stars, would have given them less, except the food was excellent, they were polite back to me, and took care of the food portion of the check.  Left the server a larger tip than the check balance was!  *Smile*

         Okay, first let me say that the food I ordered was delicious. The restaurant is very nice, in an upscale area near UNC-Charlotte. My server was very good, but in the end, not very knowledgeable about fish. So let me explain. I went there because I found them on Google maps, and their menu seemed to fit my tastes. I ordered the Due Amici, a dish with Grouper, Shrimp, Rissoto, and Asparagus. When it came out, I noticed that the fillet didn't look a lot like Grouper, but took 2 bites. I loved the meal, it was very good. But the more I looked at the fillet, the more I became convinced it was Tilapia! I spoke to my server, and he checked with the chef in back. The chef assured him that it was Grouper. When he came back and explained, I let it slide, but still didn't eat any more fish. I spoke with my server a second time, and once again he went to the kitchen. When he once again assured me it was Grouper, I told him he should have a manager come talk to me. The reason I was sure it was Tilapia, is that I worked in a good seafood restaurant for 4 years, and I know a Tilapia fillet when I see one. The chef came out and saw my dish, and immediately started back-pedaling, explaining that the cook may have grabbed the fillet from the wrong drawer. I told him I wasn't interested in a free meal, I was quite willing to pay for it, but at Tilapia prices (and I was willing to accept the fact that it was an honest accident, and not an intentional effort on their part to sell a customer Tilapia at Grouper prices). In the end, I ate for free, and of course was happy about that. So why the three star rating? There were three failures on the restaurant's part. The cook grabbed the wrong fillet. The expediter on the line did not notice the wrong fillet. The person who delivered my fish didn't recognize the wrong fillet, nor did my server when he checked on my meal. I would give them two stars, but to be honest, it was very good, and in my eyes, all a mistake. Would I go back? Probably not.

© Copyright 2014 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834066-Dinner-Tonight