*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835337-Another-Tale-of-Black-Friday-Adventures
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#835337 added December 3, 2014 at 3:25pm
Restrictions: None
Another Tale of Black Friday Adventures
My boss is too funny. He made a point of going to the bank on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving so that he could withdraw $600. Not sure what was so special about that amount, but that's what he did. Then he went to Chicago for one day and returned home the next day. Somewhere between Wednesday's bank visit and Friday's fly home trip, he lost his wallet. He is a Black Friday shopper. He managed to get to the bank and withdraw another huge sum and off he went to hit the deals.





He managed to find expired ID so if he could use his credit card with an expired ID, he did that, otherwise it was cash only. He was lucky to get back without adequate ID, but Homeland Security put a microscope up his -- well, you know -- before they let him get on the plane. He did not have baggage check. So yes, Homeland Security was really on top of things. Yahoo.





Surprisingly, his biggest concern was not airport security, it was his girlfriend. She loaned him a baggage carrier for his Black Friday shopping and he managed to leave it unattended "for a few minutes". When he came back, all of his purchases were neatly piled in the space where he left the cart, but the cart was gone. After running around to all the lines and inspecting the patrons, talking to store security, talking to lost and found, taking his stuff to the car, he came back and, lo and behold, there it was. Some people are born under the angel's wings.





If Homeland Security wants someone to revamp their policies and procedures, I have the girlfriend's number.





Oh, all right. Yes, he did find his wallet. It was in the pants he went to the bank in on Wednesday. He forgot to transfer it to the pants he wore to get on the plane. He is a genius at law, but that's about it. Although I am the savant finder of lost things, he had a plane to catch and did not call me to tell him where to look. Instead, he grabbed the expired ID and back up credit card and called it good.

© Copyright 2014 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835337-Another-Tale-of-Black-Friday-Adventures