*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835357-The-Best-and-Worst-of-Times--Crazy-Things
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#835357 added December 3, 2014 at 11:10pm
Restrictions: None
The Best and Worst of Times & Crazy Things
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 275


Prompt: It was the worst of times. It was the best of times. Charles Dickens When has this happened in your life?

I am still trying to read the book that quote is from... maybe next year. The quote makes me think of deep, undying love at a time when social or political upheavals are running high and threatening the lives of the lovers.

For myself.... I am thinking my life is pretty tame in comparison to that.

I could say it would be enjoying the teaching and the time to write despite the poor job prospects of getting my own teaching position.

Seeing the positive of having the time to write and still enjoy teaching when the need of a supply calls me in. I can develop my craft and not take away from time that should be spent planning for my students. Teaching is not 9 to 3:30 pm - teachers live and breath the job - good teachers, that is. A teacher is thinking 'oh this could work well with my students' at any moment of their lives - even when on vacation. Sure we may get the time off, but the thoughts of how best to teach our students and engage them is always there - always playing in the background of our 'private' life.

Being unprepared is a death knell. It drives me nuts when my husband will stay "The students left at 3:30; why do you not get home until after 6pm" - the answer it that the classroom must be readied and organized for the next day's adventures. To be unprepared is suicide or at least it makes for a hellish day. Whenever my husband was on nights and I was working in a long term position, I would work until 8pm or later (with an hour break for dinner... maybe). The paperwork will drown you if you do not stay on top of it.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty


2. What is the craziest thing you've ever done?

I would say I am not at liberty to relate these details without... well, let us just say, the less said the better.

Other possible crazy things could be related to my knack for having I Love Lucy moments whereby the strangest things happen and all you can do is laugh it off and wonder 'what the hell'!

One of things would be having looked my keys in my car with my client in the backseat. He, having autism, was securely seatbelted in, which meant he was not going to move unless I released the belt. I put my keys down on the front dash and leaned back to secure him in the back seat of my Tercel. I flipped the seat forward, locked the door and slammed it shut without checking my pocket for my keys. When the door was just connecting I remembered and could only stare at them. A guy passing by offered to call someone to help me. Within ten minutes the huge fire truck, complete with 9 guys arrived to help jimmy my door locks. Talk about drawing attention to yourself. My client looked up once, then went back to his books. I called his mother and told her we would be a little late - we were on our way home when I put him in the car.

Now, I always check my pocket for my keys and I do not put them down inside the car.

This kind of thing happens to me quite often... never the same thing twice. My husband refers to it as the 'Carolyn Effect'.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835357-The-Best-and-Worst-of-Times--Crazy-Things