*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835385-These-are-a-few-of-my-favorite-thingssing-along
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#835385 added December 4, 2014 at 1:58pm
Restrictions: None
These are a few of my favorite things..sing along
Create a Top Ten List of your favorite Christmas activities. Your favorite should be #1.

1) Having dinner with family.

2) Reading the Christmas story and remembering why we celebrate this time of year.

3) Singing in the Christmas cantata or being able to direct the drama for the concert.

4) Making Mincemeat and lemon curd tarts  (Mr Perfect makes the rest of the Christmas cookies.)

5) Having the house decorated for Christmas.-The tree is up and the carolers are singing. Still missing a few that are packed away.

6) Hearing Christmas carols played in the malls and on the radio. My CD changer full of Christmas CD's is missing since the move??

7) Helping decorate the Church for Christmas.

8) Writing the Christmas cards.

9) Planning the family Christmas dinner.

10) Wishing people a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Its the most wonderful time of the year! I love it and wish everyone knew and believed the true meaning of this holiday instead of the Santa Claus and commercial version. Without the birth of Christ and the desire to celebrate a day marked as his birth, we would all be doing what we do any other day or month of the year. Don't forget without Christ Judism would be the only way we would know how to reach God.  So only Hannikah would be celebrated and even then would it be as popular as Christmas?  I doubt it. It wasn't really in the great plan.

Additions I just thought of.  Watching Miracle on 34th Street, Scrooge with Albert Finney, and Holiday Inn/White Christmas. These are years activities.




© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835385-These-are-a-few-of-my-favorite-thingssing-along