*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835965-Christmas-is-more-fun-as-an
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#835965 added December 11, 2014 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas is more fun as an.....
Today's blog...

Blog City – Day 282


Prompt: Was Christmas more fun as a child or is it more fun as an adult?

Each year holds memories of wonderful Christmas's. It would be hard to pick a favourite. My childhood ones are not as stong - that could be due to time passing but also some of the sadness that came with my family. I remember a family meal at my grandparents farm with lots of people... not sure if that was Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter. The meals were followed by fiddle and guitar music with singing and happy times. I loved those. I was quite young so I don't remember it all... I have a memory of waking Grandma Grandma (my Gramzie's mother) and getting her to get up and come to the table - not sure if I was more than 3 then.

Christmas's after my parent's separated are easier to remember but sadly moments of 'with Dad' then 'with Mom'. Dad and I had Christmas Eve and went to his Aunt's place. Then we would go home. I remember one year going to bed at 11 o'clock and getting up at 1 in the morning. Dad encouraged me to get more sleep. Christmas morning, I started with Dad, then he dropped me off at Mom's - I can't remember if he stayed and he would get me on Boxing Day to drive up to my Grandparent's place in Timmins for a few days. New Year's Eve was spent with my Mother (and I still find New Year's Eve depressing).

I was too serious as a child. I think things started to look up once my cousin Michael was born - it was fun not being the only child in a sea of adults.

Thinking back gets me thinking that I prefer Christmas better as an adult. I have a say in things... I am not shuttled off between parents. There are more children around. I love the spirit of fun children bring to the festivities. My own inner child is warmed and though we do not have children of out own, I love seeing other's open the gifts I have chosen for them. I miss the Christmas's when my Cousin's were little, but I still spend Christmas morning with them.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835965-Christmas-is-more-fun-as-an