*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836792-Putting-off-stalling-drowning-out-ignoring-isotope-warring
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#836792 added December 21, 2014 at 7:15am
Restrictions: None
Putting off stalling drowning out ignoring isotope warring
Just when you thought it was safe to relax for (whatever recreational activity in where ever location and season) your hard earned time out, Christmas looming on the horizon, family, bills, economy, world markets, queues at the shops and wondering what to buy so and so who has everything, (or wondering what on earth you are going to eat this week because payday is next week) there is someone writing stuff in a blog entry you'd rather not know.

So if you don't want to be worried about anything, best forget reading this, or watching the videos. This isn't for the anxious or fretful. I'm not sure why I watch this stuff, or feel the need to write about it.
But surely, in this disaster soaked, desensitized era we live in, some things seem to go off the charts in the worry stakes. In this information overloaded world, some things still reach the importance of having to be spoken about, and I feel this one must surely take the cake.

Here is a repair job that has taken years, many millions of roubles, or dollars to build, and will still only be of use for a hundred years or so. Apparently, after this one rusts away, there'll be at least another couple hundred years of problem left; a free gift for our great great grandchildren.



The man giving this speech says his target audience is those folks under thirty years old. Perhaps everyone needs to sit up and take notice. Nevertheless, I'm not sure what we can do about it. Is it really as bad as this? Is the graph that screams total destruction of...well, you better watch it for yourself. Going on the political history of Chernobyl, I can only feel that all this bad news is no exaggeration.

If anything, the lesson is to hold our children, hug those around us, value every day we have. Go sit on some grass and look at the sky, hear the birds, pat your dog. Write some stuff. Knock on your neighbours door and say G'day.

The skirmishes and battles between countries look increasingly like childish nonsense, when compared with global problems like these.

Don't put things off any longer.



Caesium 137 (hospital sterilizing, calibration etc)

Plutonium
http://enenews.com/study-fukushima-plutonium-in-playground-60-km-from-nuclear-pl...

Decays into Americium 241 (in smoke detectors)



http://www.greenfacts.org/en/chernobyl/l-2/3-chernobyl-environment.htm

"The half-life of radioactive material is the time taken for half the amount initially present to decay. Because many of the most significant radioisotopes have short half-lives in the range of hours or days, most have decayed away by now. For the decades to come, the most important pollutant will be caesium-137 followed by strontium-90. Plutonium and its decay products (in particular americium-241) will remain in the environment over a longer term of hundreds to thousands of years though at low levels"

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836792-Putting-off-stalling-drowning-out-ignoring-isotope-warring